Elders came to visit...

by pubtruth 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• MrMonroe
  • MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

(Sorry, iPad and JWN don't work well together).

How ludicrous that their solution for anyone who doubts that the JW cult is the truth is to go out to the public to try to draw them into the cult as well.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Pubtruth, you may want to consider just letting it go. The fight is really messing with you mentally. The elders goals will be to simply make you believe their answer. You won't change their understanding in anyway. You have reached an impasse. Neither of you can win the debate. They can't disfellowship you. They won't accept your new found knowledge You can never accept their version of things. That's it. It is what it is.

If you wish to continue the fight, we will support you--of course. But think about it. What is there to gain? Realistically. What are the stakes?

Let us know what you decide. Above all enjoy your life now. Work out your future. It no longer includes the org.

NC

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    I'm only an unbaptized publisher

Congrats! They can only unpublisherize you! Make it clear that you have no interest in dedicating yourself to or continuing to advocate an organization of deceptive false prophets. You have thoroughly researched their literature and found that their teachings are like shifting sands. How about they bring a copy of what Russell and Rutherford taught about Revelation? Even the "Grand Climax" book had to have text revised the last time it was printed. The Bible hasn't changed, why does Watchtower change? It isn't "new light". It's simply that time proves Watchtower to be false prophets.

Edit to add: And please don't let this eat at you and make you sick. What you are up against is some pawns of a corporation having over 100 years experience in deception and trickery. It's rough trying to talk sense into people like that. It's like they believe in Santa because they get presents and you should believe in Santa, too. Sometimes you just have to give them a goofy look and let them keep believing in Santa.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is a tough time for you. Don't let the elders pressure you. There is no rush, so look after your health instead, otherwise this will force you into depression.

There is no reason to discuss what you are finding with the elders, as it will stress you even more. They have shown they will not listen to reason, such as by saying 607 agrees with Science. If they go as far as to think apostates have re-written old Watchtower articles, then you will not listen to or believe anything you show them anyway.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

You don't have to do anything. Just don't go to the hall. They come over, you don't answer the door. You don't owe them any answers. You don't want to be a part of it, and that's that. The only power they have over you is the power you give them. They're acting like thugs, gang members; now that you want out they send people over to strong-arm you back in.

• Honesty
    Honesty

pubtruth:

The more I researched, the more I find it that it can’t be the truth.

You're right.

It is not the truth.

As for the passages in Revelation...

Holy Spirit revealed the truth to you while those elders were floundering in spiritual darkness wrought upon them by the Watchtower Society:

Revelation 12:5 She bore a male Child who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron. And her Child was caught up to God and His throne.

A male Child who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: Clearly, this refers to Jesus Christ, the Messiah. He rules the world with a rod of iron (Psalm 2 and Revelation 19:15).

She bore a male Child refers to Jesus' birth. Rule all nations with a rod of iron refers to the triumphant return of Jesus. By stating the "bookends" of Jesus' earthly work, John alludes to all that stands in between.

"After a conflict with the Prince of this world, who came and tried Him, but found nothing in Him, the Son of the woman was taken up to heaven and sat on the right hand of God. Words can hardly be plainer than these." (Alford)

This male Child is obviously Jesus. This means that the woman of Revelation 12:1 cannot be the church, because Jesus "gives birth" to the church, not the other way around. The woman must therefore either be Mary or Israel, the only two "women" who could have "given birth" to Jesus. The rest of Revelation 12 demonstrates that this woman is Israel, not Mary.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "...They asked me to lookup Revelation 12:3-5 read it, translate it for them. (Dragon who swept away 1/3 of the stars, standing in front of the woman about to give birth, the son would rule with an iron rod, was caught away by God)..."
    "...After a bit of a pause I said "Jesus?" Just a guess, I had no idea.. The elder was shocked "Sorry that's not the answer. You need study, pubtruth!" ..."

EX - CUUUUSE me??? In the 60's, 70's and early 80's the Watchtower claimed that WAS Jesus - er, "Michael the Archangel" = Jesus...

"...I looked up later, according to the WT, The mother is the organization [I knew that, I failed to think of it as that in that moment, I was under pressure] and the son was the kingdom.. OKAY Now I'm hella confused! ..."

Me too...

Like Nugget said, you aren't baptised, so technically you can just walk away...

If I were you, I'd pay special attention to what Sherah said... That lady is wise, and she nailed it on the head. Others have also said it - fade gracefully, or you might face sanctions even tho you were never "baptised"...

Best of results to you... Zid

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Add a 'me to' to what everyone else has said here.

I'll add one more thing though... if they keep badgering you - and insist on meeting with you again (which it sounds like they may do), then you take control, and insist that you will only speak to ONE of them - the other one has to stay outside in the car.

The JWs usually travel in 'pairs'. They won't like that. They will try to have both present. If they insist on that, then bid them good day.

Keep the upper hand, and keep them off balance. You don't need to dance for them.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Bella15
    Bella15

The Holy Spirit is perfect, it does not make mistakes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit