Terrible Analogy at a Convention

by ApostateDance 53 Replies latest jw friends

• ApostateDance
    ApostateDance

I'd love to know what you guys think of this.

Br other Jackson (from the Governing Body) had this "neat" analogy at the very end of the convention. He said; "What if you were watching a football game on tv, and it was the Trojans against the fighting Irish, and it's been a good game. It's coming down to the last seconds and one of the Trojans get the ball and he starts running and you're glued to the tv - just waiting to see what will happen. He makes it to the 30 then the 20 then the 10 yard line and he's at the one inch line and he stops. The guy with the ball stops and starts looking around for the game clock. He yells, 'how much time do i have left?'

You're staring at the TV in disbelief !!!

What do you do?

You yell at the tv - 'IDIOT!!! RUN!!! RUN YOU IDIOT!!!' That's where you are. This system is dying. W e're the event. T he universe is watching. W e're at the one inch line and some are stopping and looking around and wondering where we are in the stream of time.

RUN!! IDIOT!!! RUN!!!

Don’t look at the time just run . . . run . . . we're almost there."

Soooo, yeah... pretty ridiculous eh? How many fallacies of logic do you think he broke? (aside from comparing JWs to the Trojans lol)

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

First of all, that tell's me a ton about the GB and the politics, because that was a big "eff you" to Loesch.

Beyond that, I have learned that the GB could straighten a slinky if it helped explain their bull crap.

• bafh
    bafh

uh, thought Dubs weren't supposed to play football...

• shamus100
    shamus100

I liked it. It's exactly what brain-dead morons need to hear so they can go to the boasting sessions and further the belief that, somehow, social misfits are better than anyone else.

• bafh
    bafh

@AllTimeJeff: can you explain how that's an "eff you" to Loesch?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Losch hates American football. I bet Jackson used that analogy just to get a dig in at him. LOL.

• designs
    designs

How much time is an inch in god years

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Loesch frequently talks about how violent and ungodly the NFL is. To the point when he does morning worship, he will mention it several times a year.

And Geoff Jackson takes one of the biggest oldest football rivalries in football, giving tacit approval for watching it...

... and twists it for an illustration. Oh well. If it made Loesch's ass pucker, that makes me happy.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I hear Jackson uses football analogies all the time. He even used one at a dedication for a remodeled Assembly hall.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Stupid analogies come from stupid men endeavored to support their organization by any means possible.

These kinds of analogies were given in public talks at assemblies back in the 60's and 70's.

Retrospectively the JWS is kind of stupid religion when its looked upon as a conceptional ideology.

Judgment day is soon when god will look upon your deeds and actions throughout you life as an individual.

How devotionally strong were you to the Watchtower organization, ( his own earthly organization) is indicative to your approval by him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit