I joined a new cult

by skeeter1 48 Replies latest social physical

• snowbird
    snowbird

Balance is the key.

I've been eating good-for-me stuff, but last night I caved in and ate a 3-oz bag of corn chips.

They tasted sooooooo good!

Syl

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Any pervasive way of life has a possibility of becoming cultic. It's all about how far you are willing to go in your "dedication" to it. The more you are willing to do for it, the more potential it has of becoming dangerous.

Recognize that you are doing this for health benefits, and that in no way are you obligated to continue doing this or imposing it upon others.

Enjoy your healthy new lifestyle!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

He says that strict vegetarians can also be nutritionally starved. Those that turn to non whole-grain breads, pasta, fried veggies, fried potatoes, oils (oils are not a whole food), and sugars as the main bulk of their calories. I know one strict vegan who is exactly like this - and about 50 pounds overweight. I know another who eats chicken, fish and dairy - but is also overweight, high chloresterol, and blood pressure. Both never pass up potato chips, bread & butter, or dessert.

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

Actually sixofnine, we were already eating those things.

We just had to add more mushrooms and soul food.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

For cancer, Dr. Joel Fuhrman writes:

"Apple consumption is assocatied with decreased risk of colorectal cancer." Ref. Jedrychowski: Case control study on beneficial effectof regular consumption of apples on coorectal cancer risk in a population with reativey low intake of fruits and vegetables. Eur J Cancer Prev 2010 Jan 19(1):42-7

"Eating citrus fruits decreases the risk fo all cancers of the digestive tract." Ref. Foschi "Citrus fruit and cancer risk in a network of case control studies Cancer Causes Control 2010 Feb 21 (2) 237-42

"A six year study fo about 5,000 participants found that those who were in the highest quartile of fruit consumption during childhood were found to have 38% lower incidence of all types of cancer as adults." Ref. Maynard "Fruit, vegetables and antioxidants in childhood and risk of cancer J. Epidomiol Community Health 2003: 45 219-225.

(I have not read ANY of these quoted studies...yet).

(I'll do the mushrooms and onions later tonight. I have to go out right now).

Skeeter

• rebel8
    rebel8

There is no dispute about food preventing cancer. The cure claim is what's extremely suspicious.

There are a number of dietary things we can all do to prevent cancer, but since there are many other factors that also cause cancer, we have to work on preventing those from affecting us too.

If you google "dr fuhrman scam" you will find critique.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Well, I have joined a better cult that includes diet AND EXERCISE!

Plus, I grow some of my own fruits and vegetables.

So, my new cult is better than your new cult!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

The good thing is that I recognize the signs of cult. I hope I don't let it go that far. I think I'll go to Dunkin Doughnuts and smell the sugar.

APOSTATE!

• watersprout
    watersprout

I think you are fab for changing your diet the way you have.... I don't eat anything with a face but dairy is my vice... I do eat organic butter and have organic milk on my oatmeal... Oh and eat organic eggs... I don't think the human body needs meat to survive... But I do think that the way animals are raised for meat is disgusting... I think everything in moderation is perfectly acceptable to the human digestive system...

Carrot who used to be the biggest meat eater out refuses meat... He prefers the alternatives... He feels better and has more energy... Said he wouldn't go back to it if he had a choice.

If it's working for you go for it!

Peace

• designs
    designs

We had an old pioneer brother with diabetes who keeled over dead in a Winchell's Donut Shop, that's almost as bad as dying in bed at a 1 hour Motel. Oooops

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit