To Our Canadian Neighbors

by snowbird 134 Replies latest jw friends

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    Hey Palmtree, Rider Pride, eh? lol

You bet! And in spite of the last 2 Grey Cups, I still bleed green!

• talesin
    talesin

I love the canola fields (also known as 'rape seed') ---- the prairies is soooo beautiful in the summer.

Here's a slide show of the Canada Day fireworks here in Halifax ...

http://www.photoshop.com/users/joeisles/albums/1042aedc79904f479d0d0406272009e4/slideshow

I hope you really enjoyed the 4th, Snowy,,, I would love to see the fireworks at Stone Mountain!!!

tal

• Twitch
    Twitch

I drove thru the Maritimes 'bout 10 years ago, quite the roadtrip I'll never forget.

Halifax was cool; so much history there. Quite the citadel.

Charlottetown is rather quaint, as is most of PEI. So many lighthouses, and lotsa red soil.

Cape Breton had the nicest scenery IMO, though you can't see dick when it's raining. Reminded me of the west coast but different somehow.

Many nice lil townships up and down the coast. And seafood like you can't get here,...

• talesin
    talesin

Hey, Twitch,,, I am old, so not giving away anything here ... hahaha

but years ago, I stopped in Brandon, Manitoba, while on a road trip, and got to meet the Stampeders (!!!!) at a record-signing in a mall.

imo,,, cooooooooooollllll!

t

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I'm going to Iles de Madeleine, leaving on Friday.

They are islands off the coast of PEI, but actually belonging to Quebec.

Can't wait, it's my first time in the Maritimes and we will be there for Lobster Festival!

Yummy!

** Hi, Tal! **

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Haha!

My head was still thinking "football" and I was wondering what the hell are the Calgary Stampeders doing signing records in Manitoba!!

• talesin
    talesin

omg, Palm! i've been outta touch ...

listen,,,, find out the best lobster deal from the locals .... enjoy ... ah, I'm so jealous!

AND ... a whale-watching tour may be in order !!!!

ENJOY!!!

t

• Twitch
    Twitch

Talesin,

And in Brandon, of all places,....

• talesin
    talesin

lol. Twitch,,, it was one of those surreal experiences ....

but still cool, nonetheless

t

• truthlover
    truthlover

Syl: Yes you are right - Halifax is the capital of Nova Scotia -- many will remember the 9/11 scene when all plans were diverted from US airspace and landed in Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and NB...... many have great memories of the beds, meals and touring around while there even though they could not get back to their various homes in the States.. Maritimers are known for their hospitality...also PEI is the home of Anne Of Green Gables..... also too - it was the Nova Scotia fisherman who tried to rescue the plane crash victims of Flight 111 - to no avail, all died..terrible scene

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit