To Our Canadian Neighbors

by snowbird 134 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

Victorian home ...lotsa x-tra baths ... nice view of the harbour + personal tour guide ..

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Unshackled: We have lots of maritimers where I live and I can hardly understand them.

• talesin
    talesin

lol @ unshackled --- hahaha, in what setting? lololol we are a hard lot, sometimes, to understand~ :)

• talesin
    talesin

palm -- lol, I guess I really prolly don't 'get' it!

Maritimer that I am ... !! :)

tal

* joking, of course~~~~ know I've been too intense lately! :D )

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

One of the first conversations I had with a Newfie lady at work:

Her: Where are you to?

Me: Pardon me?

Her: Where are you to?

Me: I don't know what you mean.

Also, when she's talking about someone, she doesn't say their name. She'll say "Buddy wants a delivery today" Or "Chummy Jaws" ....or "Chucky".

Then you have to guess who she's talking about.

• unshackled
    unshackled
    We have lots of maritimers where I live and I can hardly understand them.

Figured it was a east thing, furthest east I've been is Quebec City. East coast Canada/US = bucket list.

hahaha, in what setting?
    She'll say "Buddy wants a delivery today"

Yeah good point talesin. And palm...LOL I know exactly what you mean. Worked with a Newfie for a year and it was sooo damn confusing. He'd say "Hey Buddy...pass me that machine there." Huh? More specific please. Ah...the screwdriver. "Thanks buddy." Went like that, everytime.

But he never really said "aboot"...it was close enough though I guess.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Canada sucks!

The beer is bad.

The mountains are just awful....

And the laws on simians are outrageous.

Personally, I am thinking like starting a revolution. :)

The wilds of southern Manitoba are very dangerous - the gophers are gargantuan and have been known to take humans up to young adults. BEWARE.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Shamus GO TO YOU ROOM!!!!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Yes ma'am.

** needs something **

• Twitch
    Twitch
    The wilds of southern Manitoba are very dangerous - the gophers are gargantuan and have been known to take humans up to young adults. BEWARE.

Indeed, we train them to protect us from rabid monkeys roaming the great plains (of which most of southern Manitoba consists of) The aforementioned simian interloper is not seen much these days due to poaching and user restrictions but still remains the primary cause of random facial attacks to rural folk and unwary posters. Needless to say, a single trained attack gopher doesn't stand much of a chance against a post count savvy simian pseudo spammer, but your average 'toban relies on the faster breeding cycle of trained rodentia and resultant advantage in numbers.

There are those in Florida who have not been so lucky,...

http://www.examiner.com/pet-news-in-national/fugitive-monkey-florida-still-on-the-run-after-a-year-spotted-backyard-pool-photo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit