It's could've damn you! COULD'VE!! Not "could of". Aaaaaaargh!

by nicolaou 59 Replies latest jw friends

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute
    ACROST instead of across.
  • cofty
    cofty
    we often see on here "I could care less" when they mean "could not" care less - Wobble

^^^^^ This ^^^^^

• Simon
    Simon

Unless you have ever lived in North America you cannot truly comprehend the pain I go through every day having to listen to people butchering our language.

And we're in Canadia ... I can only imagine what it's like down in Jesusland (but we get a taste of it from TV).

People "deplane" instead of disembark. Teams are "the winningest" instead of must successful. Aaargh!!!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    Anyways, alls they wants is to say there peace peeps!
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Revert back

Which other way would one revert? Forward?

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    These mistakes great on my nerves.
  • rebel8
    rebel8

My coworker inserted some comments into Excel cells. It's really cool. She said all you have to do to read them is click on the carrot.

Today I combinded several spreadsheets into one.

Does that make since?

• Splash
    Splash

Skelington instead of skeleton.

"Brought", as in "I went to the shops and brought a new TV"

I knew a builder who made his home warmer by laying some "installation" in the loft.

Sigh.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

One day many years ago when my daughter was in the first grade her class became completely unruly. The teacher lost it then gave the class the assignment to to write a letter of apology. I found my daughter's letter when I was cleaning out her backpack:

Dere mrs xxxxx

i sory how i bin akting. I cud of bin bedder. i wish you bin bedder to. 

I saved it all of these years.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

That's sweet 3rdgen, at that at age, we have some similar phonetically written offerings from our kids at around that age. What it underlined to us was how badly our kids were speaking. One had written "Ma marf" for "my mouth", oh dear dear dear.

Splash, above is dealing with a rare problem, the addition of an R, thus changing the meaning.

I have long bemoaned the loss of the R in spoken English in the word Brought, so many people say "Bought" instead, lazy, and changes the meaning, why do they not drop the R in other words ?

The other day I even saw someone write "Bought" instead of "Brought" in some Subtitles for a foreign language Film, there is simply no excuse for that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit