It's could've damn you! COULD'VE!! Not "could of". Aaaaaaargh!

by nicolaou 59 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I prefer could have.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Their going to go to they're place to clean up there things. :D

• tec
    tec

Youse guys knows that there vid-e-o was making fun of peoples like youse too. Right :P

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Brefrest. It's actually harder to say than breakfast, yet quite a few people around here say it that way.

• tec
    tec

nucular

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

One that gets me all fired up is the daytime TV commercial for a trade college in which a woman declares "if I could do it, anyone could do it". Grrrrrrrrr!

Another one I really hate is when people type "use to" when they should be typing "used to".

I used to work for a local brewpub chain called "McMenamins". All too often, I would hear it pronounced "McMenimums".

There is a brewery in Portland, Oregon called "Widmer Bros". Almost everyone goes to the bar and asks for a "Wind-meer".

• unshackled
    unshackled

That was hilarious. Now I gotta get back to work to stay on SHedule.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I am tolerant of most charming differences in speech or spelling. I draw the line at mixing flustered and frustrated to become flustrated. I don't like the word conversate and I don't like it when people say, "She disrespected me." Or "I disrespected him."

Also on my list: baby mama and baby daddy.

• unshackled
    unshackled

What gets me is when people (usually women) shorten words to make a cute little phrase...examples:

Sunglasses = sunnies
    Best friends = besties
    Whatever = whatevs

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I remember speaking to a woman on the phone about an account for work. She said we were going to go over all the details so there wouldn't be any confusement. We were off to a bad start.

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit