Trying to Fade, Now they want to interview me on the SAD!!!

by burnedout 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• burnedout
    burnedout

I resigned as an Elder some time ago, have been working on fading, the wife is getting used to the new 'me' (not stressed, better husband and father, etc.), been missing a lot of meetings... even received a few statements such as: 'Hi Burnedout, it's good to see you!!!' or 'Where have you been?'

Last Sunday, I took my one of my sons to the local dragstrip to show him the races, oops missed the meeting. When the wife got back from the meeting, she said the COBOE asked if he could interview the two of us at the upcoming SAD regarding being 'brought up in the Truth...'

The guy even asked her this question in front of another sister. That sister commented about what a privilege that would be and how she never had a part on an assembly. My wife and I have had more than enough time 'on stage' at assemblies.

My wife seems agreeable to doing the interview, but I just can't go along with it...
    Two years ago, I was interviewed at the congo on a part about being an appointed man and was asked 'Would you recommend reaching out for Elder or MS to other brothers?' Of course I said YES, but inside I was screaming 'HELL NO!!!!, I am now an alcoholic and want to drive my car into a tree' (for real). I was already pushed beyond my limit and steering myself towards serious harm.

Similar to another poster here, I gave the Memorial Talk one year ago (reluctantly), gave a million public talks, assembly parts, tons of hours of 'Sacred Service' and now am able to achieve 50/50 meeting attendance without the wife complaining too much. Now these jokers want to interview me at the Special Assembly Day.

Regarding being brought up in the 'Truth': My upbringing was good, Mom and Dad were great, fair but strict. The one thing I regret was not knowing my Dad until I was 10 years old or so. He was always on a JC or other 'privilege'. He cut way back on those activities and all the sudden... I had a Dad. I was going down the same road, but pulled the plug earlier.

I guess I could relate the good things during the interview, but I would hear the inner turmoil the whole time.
    It just seems that there is never an easy way out of this.

This post may not seem like much, but it is part of my journey trying to dig myself out of this life I was 'born' into.

Burnedout

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

How about you surprise everyone by sneaking in some "apostate" points into your interview?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

yikes! Had many interviewes but the second I stopped reg-pio I was never asked again... You may just need to say NO!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The CO must be pretty out of touch with the congregation and your circumstances if he wants to interview you, or is everyone on the circuit slacking off these days? There is no way you should do the interview if you are trying to fade. The more prominent you are as an active JW, the longer it will take to be able to slip under the radar. Unless you want to go out with a bang and say exactly what you wrote below.
    Regarding being brought up in the 'Truth': My upbringing was good, Mom and Dad were great, fair but strict. The one thing I regret was not knowing my Dad until I was 10 years old or so. He was always on a JC or other 'privilege'. He cut way back on those activities and all the sudden... I had a Dad. I was going down the same road, but pulled the plug earlier.

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

Being interviewed would definitely prolong your fade by at *least* 9 months, if not have it blow up in your face altogether..

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Hi BurnedOut and thanks for sharing your heartwrencher.

After my resignation as elder and just before my letter of resignation (DA), I was asked to stick to my committment of a public talk to a nearby congregation that was a few weeks later. I agreed (the talk was on an issue that I wasn't opposed to), and did the talk. As I looked into the audience from the platform it was a bizarre feeling. I knew that would be the last -- ever. I pitied all who were sitting there listening to this hypocrite -- me. I feel somewhat haunted by that to this day although I don't lose any sleep over it. That was 34 years ago.

I am now an alcoholic and want to drive my car into a tree' (for real). Please, please, please think about this. The Society, the elders, the CO, the DO, the local gossip-mongers, etc., are absolutely not worth that. They don't want you to fade. They'd rather have you come out with it and disassociate yourself. That way they could wash their hands of you while quaranteening the rest of the cong from you.

You express yourself very well in writing and we need more like you helping others as there are some 70,000 leaving the Watchtower each year. Prepare answers for new ones that are always coming here for help. Prepare and post essays on topics that you have a lot of passion about.

Welcome aboard and stay with us.

Len

• watson
    watson

I see a possible "little toe" type exit!!

• Bella15
    Bella15

WT turned my dad into an alcoholic too. Burnedout, you are recurring to alcohol as an escape as you cannot "escape" WT yet.

Lean on God and not alcohol. Take care. Talk to a doctor if you keep like hitting a tree with your car. Life gets better with time. The pain and persecution for leaving the WT is worth the starting over.

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

tell them your not qualified right now!

• Quendi
    Quendi

I completely agree with Found Sheep and jw facts. You should not do the interview on the SAD. You have done your part for king and country, as it were, and should now retire gracefully and honorably. Get out now and start your new life while you still can.

Quendi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit