Trying to Fade, Now they want to interview me on the SAD!!!

by burnedout 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The Borg made an alcoholic out of my wife, as well. Get help for that. Seriously. It isn't a laughing matter like Homer Simpson and Barney Gumble. It kills people. Fighting it is a tough battle but it can be won.

Could you offer your wife a compromise? (I assume she WANTS to do the SAD part.) Tell her you'll do the SAD part with her if she accepts your lead in Family Worship Night every week for the next six months. If she accepts, make it a solemn vow to each other so she can't back out.

Then use only the Bible and Steve Hassan's techniques to teach her to think for herself and see what a crock the Borg is.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Imagine that you could do a truthful, honest interview? What a world would that be..

Q: "Hello Brother burnedout, can you tell us how long you've been serving in God's organization?"

A: "Far too long."

Q: "Hahaha, what a funny joke. Now, can you tell us how going into field service has been an encouraging, refreshing experience for you?"

A: "Well, I can't really, because I hate going into field service, it just feels like a waste of time, I mean nobody listens and to be honest with you I feel very bad for telling people something I don't even believe in anymore. It isn't refreshing or encouraging all, it's just a treadmill, a huge waste of time. I'm only doing it so my family won't shun me."

Q: "Blasphemy! Brothers, burn this apostate! God wills it! "

• snowbird
    snowbird

You've been out of the loop and they want you do to do an interview on the SAD? How sad.

I would tell them, "I'm too depressed and am afraid it will show in my answers."

"You wouldn't want me to stumble anyone, would you?"

They shouldn't censure you for that; the Bible admonishes to speak consolingly to depressed souls.

Play the game. Buy out the opportune time.

Syl

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Agreed. BurnedOut....please don't ruin your body (alcohol) as a means to try to escape. Please just fade slowly while drinking in moderation. This isn't meant to be a lecture.....but I've seen what alcohol abuse can do. Your kids need you. Someday your grandkids will need you. Please take care of yourself so you're there for them.

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

Stay classy. Just decline the offer. Avoid games. Continue your fade. Enjoy your life.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Take one for the team!!!...and then...

Sneak out the back, Jack. Make a new plan, Stan. There are still 50 ways to leave your Lover-Mother

• agent zero
    agent zero

i don't think dropping a bomb during the part is the way to go. you would just make them think "apostates are everywhere, gotta stay alert!" AND you would ruin the progress of your fade so far, which seems to be going alright, as you say you're skipping half the meetings now and your wife is somewhat ok with that.

also, when is your SAD? if it's still several months ahead, you could agree to do it (to not cause a stir), and if they notice your continued low meeting attendance and general slacking, they would quite likely find a replacement while there is still time.

on the other hand, if it's coming up soon, then you should probably just do it. is it just one of those 2 minute interviews? if so, i disagree with the other poster who said that it will delay your fade by 9 months. those little interviews get forgotten 2 weeks after, for the moment everyone will think you're doing just fine, and then you calmly continue your gradual and discrete fade.

i think that's what i would do in your situation. but it's up to you. and how hypocritical you would feel about it. could you maybe just talk about how good your parents were, just their qualities as parents, and leave the religion a little out of it?

A0

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

That is a tough one Burned Out....I know you dont want to cause further rifts with your wife, but my instincts go with most of the posters...stick to your plan- you want to fade quietly, find an excuse to get out of it (your health, "depression" is giving you anxiety about speaking in public, whatever).

I also others have made in good point in saying that this might be a game to stroke your ego so you will be enthusiastic about the "truth" again...they may have it in mind to find a "last minute" replacement even if you agree to do the interview-

I hope soon you will find peace on the outside (fade complete).

CHG

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Just decline. You know from past experience that many folks turn down those lame interview parts. I handled them on the circuit level before and would call every PO (now COBOE) in the circuit only to have most of them not call me back and the ones that did would tell me that they couldn't find anyone that would fit the experience. Even when the experience was something as generic as what you're saying.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Do it, do it, do it! N yes you can stil fade. You can always fade....

Exaggerate, to the point of disbelief, to the point of making others doubt, to make the audience stumble, lie even your wife will be surprised of how there's no Holly spirit directing that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit