Trying to Fade, Now they want to interview me on the SAD!!!

by burnedout 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• simon17
    simon17

On the "go out with a bang" method, You could get a bunch of people from the forum to attend and vivaciously cheer at the end lol

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I am with Franklin on this one....

"Stay classy. Just decline the offer. Avoid games. Continue your fade. Enjoy your life."

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    My wife and I have had more than enough time 'on stage' at assemblies.

There's a good reason right there. I can't believe some of these lazy-ass speakers that always use the same people over and over for interviews and demos.

• truthlover
    truthlover

Your mind is in turmoil right now and will take a lot of time and effort to undo what has been done to you throughout the years in the org. This is a massive move for you -to step down and now do a fade...

Give it time - Join AA,they have a step program that could be the step program for leaving the org.... forget about the car - if you don't, they will have won.. you are finding a life with your family now, work on your wife, as a loving and more thoughful husband..scriptures tell a wife - that with her patience and kindness, she can save her husband --i.e. truth speak - make him a JW---but on the other hand, the same is true with a husband -could make her look at what is really true if you blend the love with sprinkles of why you are fading, slowly, not all at once, over a period of time, fein depression, anxieties, sadness... women can understand that most times. She seems to be strong in the faith now -- as she is happy to be asked to do the part.. if your uncomfortable, tell her so but dont tell her about the fade now....If you do, she may well talk to her "friends" who will talk to the elders.. you need time to work this out in your mind..

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

why not do the interview and ad lib... go on a anti WT rant until they pull the plug?

but i would definatly go get some professional help. They are not worth driving into a tree over.

GET HELP

oz

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I'm with the others who say that you should decline.

As mentioned by one poster above, they have been asked to find someone that could fit their 'interviewee' requirements - from ALL of the local congs. So, quite possibly, you're not the only one that they're asking.

A downside to accepting - if you're trying to fade - is that later on - they will have the ammo to say that you were trying to spread your 'false' speech and corrupt the organization - and you'll 'get the ax'. If you decline, and continue to fade, you're no danger to them - or the cong.

Just say No - to drugs AND the local JWs.

Regards,

Jim TX

• rabidewok
    rabidewok

Leave with dignity! If you drive into a tree then they win. They want you to fail outside of the org!

• agent zero
    agent zero

burnedout, any updates on this? what are you deciding to do?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit