Trying to Fade, Now they want to interview me on the SAD!!!

by burnedout 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Ask what the questions will be.

Work out answers that are truthful and in line with WT rules/doctrines/whatever ..... but make the audience sit up and say "Holy Sheite. Is he for real. Am I part of this?"

Make sure you have the literature to support your answers dogeared in your bookbag.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

By doing this interview, you will be encouraging others to bring their children up in this cult. Bad idea when you're taking your kid to the drag races instead of the kh. Don't let them drag you back in with this imagined "privilege". And I can just hear the jealousy dripping off of the tongue of that sister who overheard the conversation between the elder and your wife. Be very careful...that sister will probably be watching you in order to find a reason that she should be ding the interview instead of you.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

I would accept just to show how indeed God's spirit is active in this org and led the elders/CO to ask you to relate your story despite your current feelings and poor example.

Wait, did I just say holy spirit and org in the same sentence? Damn, I did!

CoC

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

If you wanted to go with a bang....

You could practise the interview with the CO saying everything he wants you to say... and then when you are on the stage on the day say what you REALLY think about growing up in the Borg (like not really knowing your Dad), and MORE...

But if you want to fade... Don't do it. Make some excuse, anything but don't do it if you want to keep a low profile.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

The irony is overwhelming. Maybe they think offering you this "privilege" is just the boost you need to reactivate yourself! Maybe it's a fishing expedition to test your reaction. Maybe you could accept but get sick that morning---that would be a huge LOL. Get sick 5 minutes before you are scheduled, then you may be able to prevent a substitue from being able to spread the poison. win-win.

You're in a tough spot. Let us know what you decide. And look, you've been hurt enough by this organization. Don't allow it to now provoke you into hurting yourself. We are all proof that it all gets better and we all made it through. When you are in the midst of it, it's hard to see the end. But we are the end of that journey---we made it and so will you.

NC

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Maybe they think offering you this "privilege" is just the boost you need to reactivate yourself!

This strikes a real chord with me. When I'd reached the stage of non-belief . . . I got hunted for all sorts of "privileges" and assignments, some of which I might have coveted a few years before . . . the more I tried to duck them the more they came my way. I ended up getting an appointment about 3 months before my exit . . . the only reason I accepted was because I knew what was coming and accepting would simply increase the impact. Whether it did or not I don't know. Seems strange on reflection, but I'm sure others sensed my disinterest and were "courting" me to remain. If only they had known what was coming.

It gives you 2 choices in my experience . . . either use it to your advantage by dropping a bomb . . . or avoid it at all costs. Your current circumstances will determine which you choose. Doing it by the book will play into their hands and set you back. The unholy spirit is stalking you.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Dog it.

What you do is speak about what a drudgery it is to be up at 9 AM every morning to do field circus. And that you feel anything but blessed that you are not able to do what you want, because you are wasting all your assets trying to do the same territory all the time. All without even reducing what is left for others to do--which is likely the truth, since most countries that are even somewhat advanced have peaked and are now starting to dwindle. Discuss how much silver you could have invested in with the money you wasted on gas trying to work the territory, getting precisely nothing done there aside more wastes of paper placed that ended up in the garbage. Discuss how your health has taken a hit from eating at McDonald's every single day for lunch. Discuss how your home was neglected because you had to waste all that time in field circus instead of cleaning and/or fixing things up--and that you were hounded about fixing things.

If they ask you whether you would recommend it, say "No!".

• nugget
    nugget

My reaction is don't do the interview. You have been interviewed before so you can legitimately say that it would be better for them to use someone new otherwise it looks as if examples are limited. The audience likes to see fresh faces on the platform.

From your perspective it means that you will be going backwards. You are back on the radar and as a SAD interviewee you become more significant. It also changes your wife's expectations she will see it as you getting a spiritual boost and she may expect more of you.

If you have a problem with alcohol and this religion makes it worse then being at the SAD and meetings will make a bad situation worse. Distance is part of your recovery process so if the meetings make you drink then don't go.

• Honesty
    Honesty

You could do the 'part' and tell the audience how you really feel about the WTBTS's version of Christianity if you want to halt the rumor mills BEFORE they get started when you fade completely away.

As I was attempting my unsuccessful fade the PO called and asked me to read the WT on Sunday and then say the closing prayer.

I did it but felt like a hypocrite because I didn't believe any of the tripe.

That was my last Sunday meeting.

• bigmac
    bigmac

if you are currently affected by alcoholism--you could do the interview---pissed!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit