New here - hello!

by sickandtired 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

AMNESIAN said: If you become convinced that the religion of the WT is not the true worship it is advertised to be, you must not delay planning and executing your exit. The younger you and your children are when you make the break, the greater the odds of your achieving the happy, successful life you and they desire and deserve.

I love this post and esp relate to the feelings of the original poster. It's kinda the same place I find myself in.

YET, I worry about Amnesian's statement: "the greater the odds of your achieving the happy, successful life you and they desire and deserve."

I worry because so many that I have seen fade, DF, DA (whatever) or even just go inactive (guess that could be a fade), DO NOT seem to go on to happier, more meaningful or successful lives. Instead, the majority of our friends in this situation are now divorced; their kids got pregnant or got someone pregnant; a couple of them have had kids in drug rehab; and they are not more successful (financially) -- the losers are still losers, the winners are still pretty much the same (except some gave a lot of their accumulated wealth to two attorneys).

NOT wanting to hi-jack this, but I'm I delirious about this? Is it just coincidental? Am I seeing what I "want" to see?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    I worry because so many that I have seen fade, DF, DA (whatever) or even just go inactive (guess that could be a fade), DO NOT seem to go on to happier, more meaningful or successful lives. Instead, the majority of our friends in this situation are now divorced; their kids got pregnant or got someone pregnant; a couple of them have had kids in drug rehab; and they are not more successful (financially) -- the losers are still losers, the winners are still pretty much the same (except some gave a lot of their accumulated wealth to two attorneys).

DoC, wow, the possibilities are endless.

First, how many of those who have left know the truth about the "truth"? The ones who haven't learned it yet are set up to experience a self-fulfilling prophecy of failure, because they haven't overcome the cult indoctrination.

Second, problems like divorce, unwed maternity, drug and alcohol usage occur within the organization, but it is hidden for fear of gossip and punishment.

Third, just because a da'd, df'd or faded person's problems are out in the open, it doesn't mean they're necessarily unhappy. While married to my jw husband, I withstood constant physical abuse and mental terror. In trying to "be a better wife", I kept those things hidden from the congregation at large. But when I finally had the comon sense and courage to divorce him, I was very happy.

IMO, you really are seeing what you're seeing, but you're not looking at the full picture.

• free @ last

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit