DC Sunday Drama

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Let's call it a very ugly version of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" recreated as a musicless "A Young Life Serving God Ain't Worth Living."

It included a highly fictionalized account of Joseph being abused by his brothers for serving God and being loved by Jacob. There was no mention of Joseph's dreams that degraded his brothers and father. His father got him the special coat and praised him, which is a great way for parents to create problems among their children. The account with Potiphars wife was melodramatic. Only his interaction with Pharoah was scripted from Exodus. They were fast and loose with any "facts".

This was interspersed with a truly disturbing "modern drama" of a good teen dub being persecuted by bad teen dubs. The scene was truly an indication of how much Watchtower hates kids. One encourages a worldly girl to seduce him. She tries, but when he "runs away", she posts on the Interwebs that they went all the way. The bad dub tells the elders, who investigate. These masterful detectives see that she mentioned a certain vampire TV show they watched before having sex (something like that, enough vampire shows were condemned during the entire program that I think I might have had vampires on the brain). The elders researched the show to being on the night after the circuit assembly when the good dub had an alibi of being out eating with witnesses. This had to be confirmed by the "brothers". Conveniently, the worldly girl and confided in a JW teen girl that it didn't happen. Of course she reported this to the elders. The elders confronted the slutty girls parents who made their daughter post a retraction that she didn't have sex with him. Of course the bad JW teens were "getting help from the elders". And this faithful young brother had the blessing and privilege of...
    ...wait for it...
    ...giving the prayer at the meeting for field service!

To me, it was if they wanted to spread a web of suspicion, fear, and spying among all the sheeple toward the young in the bOrg. It's an ideal plan to try to drive even more teens OUT of Botchtower.

The music was creepy between scenes. It was like they were trying to be hip and cool, but it was just weird.

One funny part. It happened so fast, I was like, "did I hear that right?" And this is going to sound really adolescent of me, but in about the first scene of the modern part, there is the line, "Uncle Jack offered us a ride home." Just say it out loud, okay?... Yeah, it sounds like they said "jack-off".

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

...And there was hardly a dry eye in the audience...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Is it on YouTube?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I haven't found anything on YouTube yet.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Yeah, there were a few comments on the 'music.' We all concluded that it seemed as though someone in the Bethel music department had recently discovered the amazing 1980's electronic music technological breakthrough....

THE DRUM MACHINE.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

WOW that is interesting! I like the creeeepy spy work that elders do and they all know it!

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Thanks for the synopsis Billy. Another excuse to leave early and hang out in the hotel or elsewhere. You know reading this is actually embarrasing, like I wouldn't want nonJWs that I have personal & professional relationships to know this is what I take three vacation days off for every summer. I wouldn't dare invite them to one of these revivals conventions. Being a JW is often embarrasing enough, now they're just going above and beyond in spiritual buffoonery.

• out4good3
    out4good3

I think I'd rather watch paint dry......

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

The other general consensus we had with regards to this latest theatrical endeavor was that if this was the 'cleaned up' 'disneyfied' version of what's REALLY going on in families, they are in deep TROUBLE as far as retaining young people.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Another creepy thing on Sunday was during the Public Talk when the speaker addressed the "visitors". It was as if there should be many people there in the audience that have no acquaintance with JWs... because they're visitors from another planet.

Otherwise I thought it might refer to anyone listening that was a "visitor" from Sleepyland. There were enough people around us asleep that I wondered if I was suffering from insomnia.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit