Does anyone know about the 2010 songbook?

by aristeas 24 Replies latest jw friends

• aristeas
    aristeas

I only recently found out that there was a new songbook 'released' last year. I came in under the old pink flexi-cover one. Then in 1984 that oversized 225 song brown one came out. Two of the songs said people can 'earn' God's favor. That bothered me given that biblical grace = unmerited favor/undeserved kindness. Does anyone know of a site where the new songbook is available or can answer some simple questions about it?

I've heard it is smaller and I wonder which songs have been taken out.

Thx.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

it should be on the watchtower website. The piano renditions anyway. Lyrics and the actual book may be harder to come by. I wouldnt waste my time. The new book is garbage.

• FollowedMyHeart
    FollowedMyHeart

There have been several threads about it here on JWN. Just do a search for "new songbook".

• baltar447
    baltar447

It's so ridiculously bad I still can't believe it sometimes.

• fokyc
    fokyc

"Sing to Jehovah" - 2009 - (sn-E)

http://www.news.jwbrothers.org/new-sing-to-jehovah-songbook-summary/

turn the volume down! It's accompanied with some music.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

An interesting fact about the new songbook is that one of the three brothers that worked on it no longer is an active JW, he left just before the songbook was completed.

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

i know it sucks.

that sums it up.

topic ended - next thread please.

• cantleave
    cantleave

It started being used just as I stopped attending, I think I went to 2 meetings where the book was used. The songs were dire to say the least. Even where they kept the original titles they dumbed down the words and music.

• TIMOSET
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

I never heard the sxxx from this book that is supposed to pass for "music(??)". However, from what I have heard, the singing is pretty lame and sounds like dying cats. They do that on purpose--when they sing on the CD, they use the correct notes. However, the song book has notes that, when sung according to it, will sound terrible. This is so the witlesses are deprived of anything that resembles pride of accomplishment and they can beat down on them for lousy singing.

There are now only 135 songs, instead of 225. Supposedly they are shorter--many had a verse cut out. And yes, the lyrics and the "music(??)" (if you can call that atrocity from a drunk playing the piano "music") have been tampered with. And not only do they sound like dying cats and cult chants, many of the lyrics are now blatantly blasphemous. Where before you had two songs (27 and 61) singing as Jehovah in the first person without quotation marks, now you have direct idolatry of the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. I decided it wasn't worth wasting my electricity trying to find out just how horrible they sound for myself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit