Does anyone know about the 2010 songbook?

by aristeas 24 Replies latest jw friends

• John Locke
    John Locke

BTW, if anybody wants a pdf copy, let me know I can scan it and give you a link...

• aristeas
    aristeas

John

YES, please. I'd love to have a pdf of it.

Thx very much!

• Free!!
    Free!!

The production of the songs is BAD.... i sang some of their songs (if we call those songs) in 3 different languages and the music and lyrics didn't even work together... in ANY language... and i agree w someone that said they dumb down the lyrics, yes they did 1000%

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I happen to be a musician, studied Music Compostion and Theory in college (pre-Witness of course), played more than 10 instruments, composed music, and had 5 years of Voice training to become a singer. So I "know" music. When I got this new songbook, I could tell that the entire collection had to have been composed by one person or a very small group of persons working together. Also I could tell the music was very chant-like; it was not beautiful "art" that evoked feelings and emotions, but rather, it was empty and hypnotic chanting.

I am also a musician and a pretty good one at that. But it is not just the horrible music, albeit, what song is worse than cats-in-heat and fingernails on chalkboards and Banshees-from-hell than "From House to House?"; No! The Watchtower song lyrics could have come from "Yoda" in the Star Wars Movies: putting adjectives AFTER nouns and adverbs AFTER verbs. While such is thing is fine in other languages, it is atrocious in the English one. The lyrics in Kingdom Songs are beyond hideous and beyond laughable.

Kingdom Song lyrics remind me of Vogon poetry. If you don't know what that is, Google it. You'll get the picture.

For the record, I played the piano at every KH I attended since I was 12 years old. If I moved to a new area, I volunteered to play when the regular piano player (who was usually about two thousand years old) was sick and couldn't make a meeting. After that and in every instance the two-thousand year old piano player was fired and I became the pianist for the songs. I re-arranged the notes in the song-book (the green one and then the pink one) and while keeping the "melodies" (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!) intact, added some spice and even some rhythm and up-tempo to many of them. The congregation loved it, but a visiting CO did not. He told me I was drawing attention to myself and to tone it down. I told him I was glorifying Jehovah who knows what good music is and what shit is. (Well, I didn't quite put it THAT way!) The CO wasn't impressed. COs are NEVER impressed. About anything.

Fortunately enough for me, I quit the cult long before I became two thousand years old and faced getting fired myself because of a new whipper-snapper. The job didn't pay shit, anyway.

Farkel

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Kingdom Song lyrics remind me of Vogon poetry.

hahahahahahaha....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit