Hi Everyone. Answer to prayer countdown...

by Stumpy 205 Replies latest jw friends

• True to the End
    True to the End

I have only read or browsed through 3 or 4 threads that caught my eye. And I am staggered at how quickly so many people stumbeled over personalites wrong understandimngs. Many of the posts I read in the threads show a lack of understanding of what has happened with the WTBTS and JWs over the years.

I was greatly affected by the internet and things I found on it about JWs. I let the negative talk get men down. I started doing my own research and have continued doing it. It truly amazes me how gullible many people are (as I was) by listening to (reading) bad reports.

Claims that they joined the UN. Some one says the WTBTS joined the UN look here is a letter from them showing that they were a NGO. So what? There are different classes of NGOs associated with the UN. The wordings of the original documents changed after the WTS become an NGO for the purpose of using their library. I became aware of the UN thing a day or two after it was published in the UK paper. It floored me I could not believe that they could do such a thing. It was made worse when I saw other people making comments about it with some documentation that seemed to support everything that the paper said. I quiytelu belive that thw WTBTS had prooven fasle to what they publicly taught. A few years later I came across this sit http://www.jehovahsjudgment.co.uk/watchtower-un-ngo/ it gives ample documentary proof that the whole UN thing is blown out of proportion.

I was aware of the web site set up William H. Bowen a few weeks after it went on line. I believed him at first. Later I was able to demonstrate for my self that his site sensationalises and blows out of all proportion the problem of child abuse. I know there is child abuse I have seen the effects of it on families and know of individuals that have been accused of it (some rightly and some falsely) This olds site (hasn’t been updated for some time) gives a different perspective http://thirdwitness.com/childabuse/default.html I have tried to hunt down and read court documents about some of these cases. The ones I have tell a story different to what JW opposer say.

It really amazes me at how many people actually think the the WTS have been false prophets. They have NEVER prophesied in the general understanding of the word. They have never tried to foretell the future form nothing (that is come up with something completely foreign and new). What they have done is provide explanations of previously written prophecy. NOTHING has been of their own idea but only from what they have understood from what is in the Bible.

They have made major blunders and mistakes in that regard.

If you actually think that they have prophesied in telling future events of something completely new then you really need to go back and carefully read all the material

Many of the early so called fulfillment of prophecies that Russell spoke of such as 1799, 1874, 1914 did not originate with him. He was influence by what other people had been teaching.

Rutherford and his 1925 was a complete cock up of an understanding of the the jubilees. If you actually read his material at the time “Millions now living..” he builds a case based on scripture. He got it wrong. All it was was him trying to follow the council to keep awake as to the times and he used what he understood of the Bible to help others do that. His understanding of the survivors is completely different to the current understanding.

For a series of articles on prophecy see http://jwinformationl.blogspot.com.au/search/label/Prophecy%20Part%201

JWs are the only religion despite all their flaws that are teaching the true God not a trinity, most religions dishonour both God and Jesus by teaching a form of trinity

Most do not understand that there is no hell-fire, no immortal soul, no going to heaven for all good people,

The need to teach others about why Jesus came and his roll in Gods kingdom. Not many religions teach the ransom. Most put emphasis on his resurrection not not his death.

That God has a purpose for the earth, to restore it to how he intended. Mankind is here to stay.

Most do not accept that God has the right to set boundaries on conduct and to served in a way HE requires not the way we think we should do it. Serving him is obeying HIS laws and principles.

Tough love is necessary that means some must be excommunicated.

I do see a problem though with the way that it is handled by many elders that do not follow the Bibles guidelines. Most elders do not know how to show compassion and good judgement as has been directed. Elders are not trained in recognising stress in an individual and a person that may seem belligerent or unrepentant when asked to come before a judicial committee. Decisions are made far to quickly. Many injustices have happened because most elders just do not have the personal skills and experience to handle many of these things.

Other religions may have some of those things but only JWs have all of those things.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Stumpy, just ignore TTE trolling, dont waste a second replying to it's dribblings, it's only here to salve it's own conscience and reinforce it's own cog dis. Until it goes away and does real honest research and knows what it is talking about it isnt worth talking to especially in someone elses thread.

TTE, STFU and go make your own thread and stop pissing on others because you are too stupid to know the shit you are shovelling.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

It really amazes me at how many people actually think the the WTS have been false prophets.

I understand that they claimed Ezekiel 24:24 where Ezekiel says he was a sign of someone to come was the dedicated baptised anointed who where proclaiming God's kingdom. Commissioned as the mouthpiece of Jehovah.

As this mouthpiece they said on page 286 of the book The Nations Shall Know That I am Jehovah -How?

'What a thrilling moment it will be when, during the coming " great tribulation" on this present system of things, the authentic news comes from all around the earth that the antitypical Jerusalem, Christendom, has fallen at the hands of Jehovah's executional forces. This will be a vindication of the modern-day Ezekiel class, to authenticate that they have not been a false prophet but have been a faithful "watchman" class in sounding out Jehovah's warning to Christendom.'

This warning I understood accompanied the good news that is being preached in fulfilment of Revelation 14:6.

I understood, and without looking it up I maybe mistaken, that Ezekiel was vindicated by what he foretold coming true.

He also had it happen within a specific time period that was indicated by the days he lay on his side facing a pot. (I think)

In the book I mention they said this on page 276 under the heading The report in verification sure to come!

'Their unbelief would in due time be blasted to pieces by the arrival of an authentic eyewitness of Jerusalem's downfall. ...

His authority as a true inspired prophet of Jehovah would have been established. As a "sign" man or as a "portent" of what was fast impending, he had not proved false,..

Is this not something thrilling for us to contemplate, namely, the fulfilment of this prophetic drama within our generation?'

Page 216

'Shortly, within our twentieth century, the "battle in the day of Jehovah" will begin against the modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom'

in the Watchtower June 1 1968 page 331 it says this

On the Joyful March to Mankind’s Millennium

'Arguing against a literal future millennial rule by Christ, some have claimed that such a teaching would chill the missionary ardour of Christians to make disciples of all nations. (Matt. 28:19,20) But not so! Today no people are more zealous in carrying out this missionary commission than are the Christian witnesses of Jehovah, who believe that the 1,000-year reign of Christ is literal and future. In comparatively few years these have grown to more than a million. Today they are carrying out this commission in 197 lands and islands of the sea and that in 169 languages. Last year they devoted 184 million hours to this work!

And no wonder. What good news they have to tell the people! They proclaim the good news that the millennial rule of Christ will begin with this generation and that it will mean ever so many blessings for the people :..'

In the book Man's Salvation Out of World Distress At Hand 1975 Watchtower Bible and Tract Society talking about Romans 10 and the good news it says this

Page 48.

A similar thing can be said today. "They did not all obey the good news." This, even after the christian witnesses of Jehovah have spent more than sixty years in proclaiming the the "times of the Gentiles" ended in the autumn of 1914 C.E. amis the first world war and that then Jehovah's "servant " recieved a new elevation by being exalted to the throne of the Messianic kingdom...

In the face of the relatively small proportion of the world's population that has put faith in the "thing Heard [from] us" or proclaimed by us, it can truthfully be said: "They did not all obey the good news

The Watchtower 1961 page 591 'Prophesying with the Loyal Organization' had this to say relating to Joel and the pouring out of holy spirit.

"'That organization for which we must look is the one that gives the proof of having God's spirit poured out upon it in these "last days" by doing the foretold prophesying, the 'preaching of this good news of God's kingdom in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations....The record points to the anointed remnant of Jehovah's Christian Witnesses.'

If you actually think that they have prophesied in telling future events of something completely new then you really need to go back and carefully read all the material

I don't think that the prophesying has to be new as the way I under the Watchtower article preaching the good news is prophesying. I also believe that the good news needs to be true and we have faith, the assured expectation of the things hoped for, faith mentioned in Romans 10, faith being like the title deed. I also think that the good news included the time period of the generation that saw the events of 1914 would see the end as Revelation 14 shows.

So I don't agree with you True to the End

• EdenOne
    EdenOne
    Oh, and guess what Circuit Assembly part I was just assigned...

Don't forget to take a barf bag with you. You'll surely feel sick.

Eden

• Splash
    Splash
    TTTE They have made major blunders and mistakes

When other religions make 'blunders and mistakes' the WT condemn them as 'false religious philosophies', 'false doctrines' and 'nauseating teachings'.

When WT makes 'blunders and mistakes' they are described as 'misplaced zeal', 'old truths' and 'cherished errors'.

(Mt 7:1-5) "for with what judgment YOU are judging, YOU will be judged; and with the measure that YOU are measuring out, they will measure out to YOU."

Let me explain something to you.
    Your average JW does not believe the Bible, they believe whatever the GB says the Bible means.
    When the GB change their minds, so do 7 million JW's. They are that fickle and shallow.

If you disagree, please start a new thread defending the overlapping generations using the Bible.
    Or the concept of New Scrolls.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Stumpy....you know you have "outed" yourself now that you have mentioned in this post which circuit assembly talk you have been assigned??

Tread Carefully.......

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Hi Stumpy,

I have enjoyed reading your story so far and feel for both you and your wife. Having gone through it and coming out the other side, I'm so glad I faded when I did, better late than never for moi :) I'm in Melbourne, will pm you my details.

Though as Stuckinaru2 said, you may have outed yourself with your previous post. I know for a fact a few in Ingleburn monitor this site, including a few of their pit bulls here in Melbs. They get heir rocks off trying to play private investigators. you would think they had better thing to do, like going door to door......

Anywho, I hope you both are ok, keep up the long walks, it helps one emotionally, not just physically.

Cheers, Mattieu

• Stumpy
    Stumpy

Not to worry guys, I'm using Australia as an alias. I am from there originally but it was a long time ago. If they look there for me they will be wasting their time

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Speaking of false prophesies, Hey does anyone have that picture that shows how Russell used the steps inside the Great Pyramid to prove the end of the world was coming in 1914?
  • freddo
    freddo

@Stumpy

Please be careful - I was assigned a baptism talk at a circuit assembly when I knew it wasn't the truth - to my shame I gave it yet still didn't resign as an elder for another year or so citing (lying basically - or is that theocratic warfare?) health problems.

But that was twelve years ago before I ever posted on here.

You may want to shout from the rooftops, please don't. If you feel the need to do so then let at least a year pass by and see if you still feel the same way.

Freddo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit