I talked the first time in 20 years to a non-JW and need a divorce...

by Intel 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I see you are a fan of Orwell, baltar.

• Intel
    Intel

Thanks to you all!!! I have no words to thank for the kind and good words that you have shared!

I will use this topic and posts to read and re-read and get the necessary strength. Fantastic persons around!!!

I actually went through the "deprogramming" without the help of the Internet. Bethel was "the Killer" to my "Watchtower Faith". Really.

So much Sh*** going on......I started reading Biology, Scientific literature, Evolutionary Theories AT BETHEL! I went to the extent that I had to go on stage (KH or Assemblies) giving Talks and not believing what I was talking and AT THE SAME time, being totally convincing....people coming up and saying "What a nice talk" LOL.....

....at the end I became so frustrated that I did once a talk (at a Circuit Assembly) where I used only 1 or 2 thoughts (very well elaborated!) that contradicted WT teachings.....even the CO congratulated me for the wonderful talk! Only ONE Ministerial Servant (out of an attendance of 800!) came up and said he was confused, and pointed EXACTLY to the two sentences that I had thrown in. Amazing isn't it? Most people are "swallowing" this stuff without a second thought (I was surprised how dangerous such an Assembly REALLY is to the mind!) and only ONE critical thinker (or maybe others noticed, but only this guy had the guts to ask me about it.....

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Amazing isn't it? Most people are "swallowing" this stuff without a second thought (I was surprised how dangerous such an Assembly REALLY is to the mind!) and only ONE critical thinker (or maybe others noticed, but only this guy had the guts to ask me about it.....

Thats the real danger toward religion is that people let themselves be overwhelmed by the tainted self supported teachings from people they

have complete unbinding trust and devotion for, mostly propagated by using fear as a tool to lure attention and control people's own discernment.

• Intel
    Intel

Best description ever:

Religion = Marketing of Fear

• mamamo
    mamamo

Might I suggest if you want to locate other ex-JW in your area, check Meetup, Yahoo Groups and even Facebook. I attend a group here in Florida. It does help! Good luck to you!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Him and his wife have been very, very supportive lately but nevertheless he was never a Witness and can't understand "what holds you back, buddy, why can't you just leave and divorce your wife and the world is ok"

He's right. It's not complicated, just difficult. But then again, so is staying in a mind control cult, serving as an example to others, and keeping your child involved.

Sometimes it just *seems* as though making the change is more difficult than not, when really the reverse is true.

Watch the movie The Village.

Here's something else you might be interested in in regards to the healing process (also can be found here).

You can do this. You got this!

• cofty
    cofty

Intel, just want you to know you are not alone and it will get better. There is happiness and purpose beyond the world we grew up in. It sounds like you have all the emotional and intelellectual skills to get through this and build a new life.

That is amazing about the talk you gave at the assembly. I remember explaining to a couple of elders from the bible that the great crowd were in heaven and one of them was sitting there agreeing with every word until the other elder interupted and reminded him that this was not what we believe. They truly are in zombie mode.

I hope you can work things out with your family. Sending you all my best wishes.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Intel- I am glad others have been able to encourage you. (I don't have the knowledge or experience they have regarding your situation.)

I wish you the best.

• Intel
    Intel

Rebel8: The Village IS one of the movies that I have used over and over to "help" others, including my wife. I watched the movie and let it "sink in"...than days later I slowly started relating the movie to what happens to us.....she became totally hysterical and the movie has since then "left the house"....

....another one that I used and I keep repeating to her is The Truman Show.....i often tell her: I WAS at Bethel....once I found out that "the sky is cardboard" there is NEVER a comeback - NEVER. Unless they cut out parts of my brain through surgery...what I have SEEN, HEARD and READ at Bethel is not made up and is in my memory. Sorry, no erase button (or: LUCKILY!)

• flipper
    flipper

INTEL- This private message setup is kind of funky. When I click on private messages it first reads " error " also. What you need to do is click on the message, then go up in the right hand corner of the private message page and click the envelope - then go back and click my message- then it will open up. I sent you a second message explaining this- but then I thought, " Oh wait, he may not see it if it doesn't open up ! " LOL !

So just click that envelope in the upper right hand corner and click back on my message- it then should open up. Let me know how if it works

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit