What Did You Not Do Because You Were A Jehovah's Witness That You Wanted To Do?

by minimus 62 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I didn't go to college and of course, "higher education" was never recommended. Still, I never felt terribly deprived because of not going further in my education.

Yet, I did wish that I could've had "normal" aka "worldly friends". I wish that as Witnesses, we could've been better integrated with other people. Instead, we were taught that everyone else was going to (ultimately) die simply because they weren't Jehovah's Witnesses and we were (ultimately) better off not getting close to them.

It's too bad that Jehovah's Witnesses are so close minded and self-righteous.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Learn something other than for the purpose of to further the Watchtower's doomsday agenda?

-Sab

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

His name was Tim...

• sabastious
    sabastious
    His name was Tim...

Needs a question mark at the end instead of the three dots.

-Sab

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

LOL Mrs.Jones.

Sports-football and basketball

Dating nonJWs without having to hide it

I wasn't college material anyway so that doesn't matter, although my outlook was skewed towards investing in my own future from being born into this cancer of a religion.

• sd-7
    sd-7

I did not: (1) date in high school, (2) go to my senior prom, (3) have friends in college, (4) watch R-rated movies, (5) sleep in on weekends [d*** Book Study!].

--sd-7

• minimus
    minimus

I see we missed having a normal life!

• talesin
    talesin

Education.

Living for myself now, finally, instead of the approval of others (READ, my parents) ,,,, it is my only regret in life.

Yes, I've made mistakes and bad decisions,,, and take full responsibity for that.

Loves to learn, loves to dance, loves to enjoy life,,, I remain,

yours, respectfully,

the NEW,

talesin

• designs
    designs

Everything I am now doing

University

Environmental work and Environmental causes

Same with Hunger/Food Banks

Opening 3rd Office in Environmental Renewable Energy Field.

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

Play Football in particular. I was athletic, two of my friends/class mates went on to play in the NFL...both have been on teams that went to and WON the Superbowl. I see them when they come home...sometimes when out riding their motorcycles around town in the summer. Sucks to be a JW. If my son wants to play...I'm not holding him back. Eventhough I'm sure his mother will try.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit