What Did You Not Do Because You Were A Jehovah's Witness That You Wanted To Do?

by minimus 62 Replies latest jw friends

• mamamo
    mamamo

College which I am working on my BS degree right now at age 45

Dating, which is still haunting me because I never learned the ins and outs of it when non JWs did

Holidays

Forming lasting friendships with people I knew growing up, but Facebook is reconnecting me with some of those.

Thinking the end was just about to happened when I left so I rushed into a bad marriage , so not taking the time I should have to find the right guy, really fall in love and then have kids.

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

I'm sure I would have graduated from college years ago instead of this summer. I've never dated because I never had a strong desire to (that was something "bad" people did). Probably I would have started voting sooner, and got involved in extracurricular activites. The WT negatively impacted not only me but also my community since it kept me from being a part of it.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Threesome, Orgy, and wild sex life. Although, I did know of a few elders who did and got caught ... which always made me ask, why was I not invited.

• JRK
    JRK

Become an architect. I blew it, my Dad (not a JW) would have put me through school. I, like a dumbass, listened to Brooklyn. I would have had it made . . . sigh! I was damned good.

JK

• Dune
    Dune

I 'missed out' on the usual:

Dating during High School & the first two years of college. It's not like i've had any trouble since leaving, but i would have liked to have dated in my senior year of high school and freshman year of college.

Playing High School Sports (football & wrestling). I'm not going to say that I could have made it to the NFL, but I'm pretty sure i would have been able to play college football. But again, it's one of those things where you romanticize what you might have been.

Getting a full ride via a NSA scholarship. I was offered a preliminary interview involving an NSA scholarship where i'd get a full ride plus a paid internship and a job after graduation. I, like an idiot, spoke to an elder about it and was convinced not to do it (since it would be defense related and i woudln't be showing christian neutrality blah blah blah). I took the advice at the time, but that was the last time i mentioned anything to the elders involving my secular life.

• blondie
    blondie

Kill my pedophile non-jw father.........

• minimus
    minimus

Since I've been out, I have lived every day as if it was my last...well not quite but I do ENJOY life!!!

• Alfred
    Alfred

As a JW child and even as an adult I didn't sleep very well...

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

(one might opine that Lost Generation may have escaped the Watchtower, but he's still delusional).

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I didnt enjoy life.

I didnt plan for a future in this system.

I didnt get sufficient education early enough.

I didnt date.

I didnt have sex (which as a raging hormonal teen was top priority even from about age 12)..., except of course with myself.

I didnt develop self esteem and confidence and was instead fed on propaganda that made me feel worthless and guilt ridden because of this.

I didnt develop friendships with girls due to the narrow oppressive congregation atmosphere.

I didnt develop my thinking ability to rationally analyse my beliefs before baptism.

I didnt wait to get baptised until I was old enough to make a rational and researched descision.

I didnt get a good job. In fact I was so indoctinated that the system was ending soon that I didnt want one and made little effort to even get one.

I didn't get a trade until many years after I needed it.

I didnt buy a house like most of my peers in the congregations did.

So all in all I am 20+ years behind my peers, so geee thanks a bunch WTBTS for brain washing my mother and fucking up our lives...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit