I have to stop listening to talks on my MP3 player...

by Joliette 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Joliette
    Joliette

...I'm listening to a talk by a GB member and I'm steaming angry!!!

I want to run to New York and punch this guy! UGH!

• Joliette
    Joliette

The way the audience is laughing at the way the brother is saying that everyone is going to fry like hot dogs on a stick is truly disgusting.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

You listen to talks on an MP3 player? Ummmmmmkayyyyyy.............

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You are right, you do need to stop listening to that crap.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Well...yeah. I've been listening cause I'm trying to confirm some things.

...and trust me, I'm officially living in apostate land.

I just get into debates with my parents, and I'm trying to listen to confirm some things that I knew I heard.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Yeah its complete and utter crap.

The brother is saying that you can't be 'just a good person' and survive the big A.

This is truly sick.

I am and I will OTWO.

Truly poision, and five years ago, I would have thought this was good spirtual food.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

UGH... I can't stand listening to anything remotely JW. Years ago, my parents tried to get me and my then-husband to listen to Ciro Aulicino's famous talk... I got about 5 minutes into it and I was completely pissed off! I couldn't believe the crap I was hearing, and I was an active dub at the time! It didn't sit well with me at all. I asked them to turn it off after 10 minutes and they offered to make me a copy. I kept refusing and they wanted to know WHY. So, I made some lame-ass excuse about not knowing the source of the talk and if it was REALLY a brother giving it because it sounded very judgmental and "fire and brimstone". I said I would not "jeopardize my spirituality" by listening to something that cannot be coroborated, IMO. It was a CD that they got from a friend, who got it from a friend, and so on.

In reality, I couldn't listen to any more of that tripe and didn't want my uber-dub husband to obtain a copy in order to pound it into my head day after day.

I understand you are trying to make some points with your parents, and I haven't read your backgroud, but I admire you for the strength you have and the fact that you are willing to get yourself all worked up in order to prove something to them. I myself came to the realization that my parents are happy being blind. My mother in particular.

• Joliette
    Joliette

^Yeah, I heard that Ciro talk, and that talks was terrible. I coultnt believe what I was hearing.

Everybody is gonna die! But its okay, cause we wont! (Laughter). Just terrible.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Joliette....Which talk? I'd like to listen to it, if I haven't heard it yet.

• cantleave
    cantleave

MP3 players are for playing Satan's music!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit