I have to stop listening to talks on my MP3 player...

by Joliette 30 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

Don't let them get you angry, because one day they will have to face the end of their life, complete with the old age they are so anxious to avoid.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well, just think of the GB as real-live supervillains. Okay, that doesn't make me feel any better. That statement about frying like hot dogs on a stick is another of the many signals I believe represent the real underlying danger with the Borg. That kind of thinking in itself is inevitably creating a capacity for violence, even though violence is generally forbidden.

You can listen to talks if you want, but it's a horrible way to spend your time, albeit informative of what we were really being exposed to. The talks are interesting because they're deniable--anything crazy said can later be denied even if it was heard by thousands of people. Heck, even the stuff in PRINT is denied half the time, if it was printed in the distant past (ie. 4 or more years ago!).

Well, just so long as you keep one ear in reality, it's safe enough. Just don't do it for too long.

--sd-7

• Joliette
  • Joliette
    Joliette

thanks sd7.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Thank you!

• Joliette
  • transhuman68
    transhuman68

LOL I downloaded the talk and started listening to it but I only got two minutes into it, and went back to playing Creed Greatest Hits. I've got no time for those clueless old men in Brooklyn. It's interesting the analyze the Watchtower Society, but ultimately its a dead end. The answers are found by looking outside the box.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Oh okay, yeah, its crazy. I dont see how people can sit down and be willing listen to this stuff. Beyond sick!

• TD
    TD

Thanks, Joliette! That was truly disturbing.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I want to thank those of you who read the lit and listen to this crap then post about it so I don't have to.

I still use the CDRom a lot for research but I can't remember the last article I read start to finish. It is hard enough to scan through search results to find what I'm looking for. There is nothing nourishing for the mind or spirit in any of that crap. So thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit