I have to stop listening to talks on my MP3 player...

by Joliette 30 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Oh, it's not that weirdo talk by Ellwood Johnson about the big 'A' where he pretends to be the travelling merchants crying is it?

• Joliette
    Joliette

LOL @ Can't leave...

Punkofnice and Leolia: This was a talk by Anthony Morris. He's not the best speaker but he really gets kinda graphic during his talks and very direct. He said that he remembered bodies burning, human flesh burning, when he was in the vietnam war, and he was saying thats how the big A is going to be. UGH!!!

• Dune
    Dune

I used to listen to bible readings when i couldn't fall asleep, they'd put me right out.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Oh, old Ant Morris the 3rd.

I've got loads of talks on mp3. His included. So clinical and cold.

I've got some Fred Franz stuff and I just can't follow him, it's like listening to a skipping record. Truly weird.

I just don't listen to that codswallop anymore for sanity reasons.

What are you trying to dis/prove?

• Joliette
    Joliette

So basically anyone who isnt a JW's is going to roast.

Man...I hope my parents and relatives GET OUT OF THIS CULT!!!! I'm afraid their gonna end up like Jonestown.

• Joliette
    Joliette

^ Yes, I thought they called him Anthony the turd...?? LOL.

Yeah, I've listened to some of his other talks, and what a douchebag!

• Joliette
    Joliette

Well...basically my parents say that JW's dont teach that their the only ones who will survive the big 'A'...that true christians will survive. Either way, that makes Jehovah a murderer.

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

a Questions many Witnesses don't ask is... "Are we really following Christ or the Governing Body?" The bible says to not go BEYOND Scripture. So their "bible aids" are beyond scripture. Context is always thrown out of the window. Anyone can take a few scriptures and bend them to fit a point they're trying to make...that's easy. But the Bible is very "simple"...yet the WTBTS make it complicated. There will always be "ends of systems of things" (multiple) until Armageddon. And when will that be? Nobody knows!...and that is all WE Need to Know. But if one is truly loyal and serving a MAN-MADE ORGANIZATION and group of MEN (GB) they will have to answer for that.

I think God and Jesus will be fine with an excuse "Well, because of the accusations and hurt, and false prophecies, and contradictions of the WTBTS...i truly was not sure WHO or WHAT to follow. I heeded your advice to not put my faith in men. I chose to follow YOU and not an Organization." versus this excuse "Well, because they told me that YOU were leading this organization and it was directed by Holy Spirit I believed them. I just couldn't see how your word, the bible was enough. I needed more. Things in it were not explained enough for me and they seemed to be great teachers...so I followed them thinking we were all following you."

At which point he will say "You know what we've said about false prophets. I said that I am the way, the truth...not WE are. I have saying of everlasting life...those saying are in the bible. Do you think it was REASONABLE and WISE to abandon the sheep you felt were LOST? They were skinned about and thrown away by YOU...you modern-day pharisees. Many "got out of her"...you should have too!"

Then they will feel the wrath. And maybe roast like some hotdogs on a stick.

• TD
    TD
    So basically anyone who isnt a JW's is going to roast.

Is this a private recording or is it available on the 'net? I'd like to get hold of it....

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

@Joliette: yes, I would definitely stop. I can't bear to read a WT mag without freaking out, personally. It just isn't productive and it's anger fodder. There isn't any reason to waste your precious time listening to that crazy-ass stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit