Are more long standing JW's leaving?

by cantleave 51 Replies latest jw friends

• paladin
    paladin

I 'm in the 60+ class and have mentally left and feel like making a jump out of the closet so to speak. My stomach hurts. I'm still in for my family for now, but I have a plan I'm working on.

• itscrap&theyknowit!
    itscrap&theyknowit!

I've seen it here and there where ones who were 'pillars' in the congregation have left. I've seen brothers who were great as elders with overbearing wives, once the all the kids have grown up, they leave. I've seen soft-spoken God-fearing sisters like myself grow up in the organization, pioneer, get married to a young MS/ELDER, have children, struggle with no extended education and notice the world is STILL going on...and eventually leave.

For me, the awakening came in 'rolls'. 1)The wide-spread hypocrisy of the JWs (local brothers being drunk, beating their wives, whoring around with sister in their OWN congregations right under the noses of their noses. 2) Having a child with a disability and me being told I need to do more in my ministry for Jehovah and not more time to doctors to help my son, and 3) the infamous "the New System" is right around the corner.....and my Dad passes away holding onto that thought for the past 43 years.

Who wouldn't wake up?????????????? I believe once I divorce my husband, he'll leave, too. But, it'll be my fault, right?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

It's Crap... I like your name. I was one of the "pioneer marry Elder stay married 13 years and woke up" at 1st I thought the problem was my bad marriage but once I got free of that I realized the lack of love and "elder abuse"... I was a pillar in the congregation and left! It's so clear now I just wonder why they all don't see it?

• itscrap&theyknowit!
    itscrap&theyknowit!

@MAD SWEENEY............

"Why else cancel the book release for this summer and drop whatever explanation they were going to float about the toes of the image?"

...okay...what book release that they've upheld? I didn't hear about this one?

• itscrap&theyknowit!
    itscrap&theyknowit!

Thanks Found Sheep ............ I as well was a pillar and one of the most easy-going persons EVER! Once the kids came, life changed, well at least for me. Not my elder husband. Life changed dramatically with our son. I ONLY asked my husband to make a few changes, too. Read my intoduction blog..."Why I Eventually Left".

Many of the friends, in the beginning of my change would say, "oh, her husband isn't helping her with those kids". Now, they say, "Why are you leaving Jehovah?" I tell them, "jehovah hasn't left me and I haven't left him. I left an organiztion that is not truly his." Now, I'm marked as crazy. LOL!!! It's okay. It's funny when you expose something all of a sudden "you're crazy".

How long have you been away from this mess of a religion? Are you divorced?

• paladin
    paladin

I had posted on a prevoius thread that I was visited by two elders in the hospital after having a mitril valve heart surgery. They asked me if I had at least 15 minutes of service time to report. They don't care about your health, just the numbers and your hard earned money.

• anglise
    anglise

Its all very well being able to convince yourself that you can live a lie,

but what happens if/when the blood issue arises, and that lie expects that you or a family member should die for it?

Could be a dangerous even fatal game to try and play

Anglise

• agonus
    agonus

On the book release, according to a former Bethelite, a book was completed and ready to go to translation but was canceled at the last minute, possibly due to a GB split. No idea of the veracity of said claims. See "DC 2011 Strange Omissions" thread.

• agonus
    agonus

But apparently it IS true that there was no "new release" as far as an actual book goes - just a revised YPA, a brochure, and the new DVD. By the way, if anybody has links to a rip of the new DVD, please post links or whatever falls within acceptable use here.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

In the case of the people I know. No.

Being that we live in different cities and our interaction is pretty much nil, I'd say they are pretty liberal more than ever. If you use Facebook as a gauge. Not sure how much stock you can put into that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit