Are more long standing JW's leaving?

by cantleave 51 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

At one time, it seemed that the majority of those leaving, were young ones brought up in the cult.

From what I can see now (at least on here), there seems to be a high number of 20+ baptised members years leaving.

Has this always been the case? It might be I just didn't notice from my parochial view from the Kingdom Hall!

Or are there really more long standing JW's leaving now, than ever before?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I have, over the years, seen many go M.I.A. or 'apostate' of all ages. I felt that mostly the teenagers left with few returning.

It makes me wonder if the internet has been able to satisfy the curiosity of doubting ones.

I was 52 when I left after a life in the cancerous cult. I've wasted all that time on lies. I had been an elder and having seen behind the scenes as it were, I was horrified by the mechanical, unloving, business like practices rather than common sense and love for the flock.

I applaud those who left because they discovered the lies behind the FD$/WTB$ on their own before the internet.

In my ideal world, the 'growth' the WTB$ boast about would actually have peaked and the numbers will drop off faster than a corrupt statement from a bent copper in court. In my ideal world the WTB$ will collapse.

Dream on Punk, dream on!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"Overlap" could have shot them in the foot. It was probably rare for all those years to see longtime JW's leaving, but especially if you were in the inner circle of elders, MS's, pioneers, fully active ones. The older ones who snuck out were always talked about as "weak" and weren't missed all that much back in the day. But when the inner circle is breached, then people notice.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@OTWO - the 'overlapping' damage control lie was the final straw for me and made me angry.

Now there's the 'New Light' (TM) that is 'we haven't a clue what the toes are all about!' is really making me laugh. It's just SO funny, it's bladdy brilliant. It's like something from a comedy!

BTTT

I'm hoping the 'No Light' they get will make many more say 'WTF?' and leave.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA the toes 'new light' (TM) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

• Reality79
    Reality79

What about "toes"? Have I missed something??? Whose toes??

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

7 million strong and growing.

They don't need long-standing members, they just need door-to-door salespeople and money in the contribution boxes.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@reality79 - The 2011 A$$€m?£¥ ' New Light TM' .

The A$$€m?£¥ invitation at the rear depicted the Daniel image with a question mark pointing to the toes of iron and clay in anticipation of the ' New Light TM' to be revealed this year.

When they got there the talk simply mentioned they havent got a freakin' clue as to the significance of the toes or their number at least.

I can't stop laughing about it. It's too much..........hilarious!!

• sizemik
    sizemik

It is looking a little like the "finger in the dyke" overlapping generations doctrine is having some fallout. It has to take some time before the wake-up effect manifests itself. Judging by the intelligence and age (and service record) of some arriving at JWN (only representative of a higher number), the thinking ones (ie; inner circle) are having serious doubts.

The harsh effects of shunning and the risks of being "outed" suggests to me there are big numbers inside the Borg who are simply not fooled anymore and just hanging in there. The flow could quickly move from a trickle to a flood.

The "toes" bullshit was pretty desperate stuff . . . silly, purile stuff really. The GB are looking rudderless to me . . . but then where have they got left to go with "believable" doctrine . . . nowhere.

They don't need long-standing members, they just need door-to-door salespeople and money in the contribution boxes.

This is the bottom line . . . eventually they'll say to hell with keeping long serving people in . . . some fantastically appealing noo lite will eventually appear . . . to bolster the recruiting activity. A striking new doomsday prophecy is just around the corner . . . it's the only thing that works for them.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Hi Sizemik:

The flow could quickly move from a trickle to a flood.

and they'll turn that around as "proof" that we REALLY are so very very close.

• Reality79
    Reality79

@punkofnice

What next, the statues penis??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit