Can we get to know each other now?

by waiting 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hi all! I just posted for the first time over on "Making Friends" then found this thread where you are all describing yourselves.

I live in Northern Israel but was formerly an Alaskan for twenty years. I grew up in a Witness family but decided at age 15 to seek answers outside the constraints of the Society.

This is one of the better forums for JWs where you seem to be able to be frank and friendly without fear. I enjoy discussing everything but do not like to "argue" about doctrine. I have found my home in terms of religion and have no desire to change others minds unless invited. Good fellowship is more rewarding.

Regards,

carmel

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hi all! I just posted for the first time over on "Making Friends" then found this thread where you are all describing yourselves.

I live in Northern Israel but was formerly an Alaskan for twenty years. I grew up in a Witness family but decided at age 15 to seek answers outside the constraints of the Society.

This is one of the better forums for JWs where you seem to be able to be frank and friendly without fear. I enjoy discussing everything but do not like to "argue" about doctrine. I have found my home in terms of religion and have no desire to change others minds unless invited. Good fellowship is more rewarding.

Regards,

carmel

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Hello, Carmel. Welcome aboard. It's nice to have you with us.

• Seven
    Seven

Welcome Carmel! Nice to meet you.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

So, Carmel, tell us what it's like in northern Israel. What do you do there?

• waiting
    waiting

Wow.....I'm from somewhere in Alaska too. Don't bother to ask - it's a long story not worth your time.

Welcome, again, what's it like in Israel? I was in an elevator with my girlfriend (from a VERY small town)and two young women from Israel- I was dying to crack a joke about bombing and such but my girlfriend hit me in the ribs. Snickered all the way to the top of the Twin Towers in NY - we were visiting the Society's headquarters at the time. Boy, those were the good old days, huh?

I've regained my sense of humor with life since yesterday - and BTW, I am a woman and she was "just" a girlfriend.

• Jokemyster
    Jokemyster

I dont have one really, I am having a hard time with organised religions per se...I do believe in God, and creation and that Jesus is Gods son, but to me every religion has some of it right and some of it wrong..I am seeking "my truths"...

• waiting
    waiting

Dear Jokemyster,

I can't believe that you, who picked a name which could be shortened to Joke, would not have a sense of humor.

Come on.......we may be here in "this generation" a little longer than we had planned -- humor makes this bitter life more tasteful.

"If you cross an agnostic with a Jehovah Witness,
    you get a fellow who knocks on your door for no particular reason."
    Blanche Knott

See, chuckling helps, huh?

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Pretty good, waiting. I just thought of one along a similar line. Cross an atheist with a Jehovah's Witness doing telephone work. When the householder answers, the witness doesn't say a thing.... Okay, okay, I know it's not as funny!

• lady 45
    lady 45

lady 45

i have 5 chirlderns 12 grands 7great grands

1 girl 4 boys 2 barbers 1 teach 1acountent 1outdoorman plus loves working on cars

6 granddaughter 6 grandsons 4 greatgrands are 4 girls 2 boys and one on the way

big family i know and they can;t come to visit all at once because my place is just not big enough.. oh have to tell you all i am now 56 years yes a very young mother 7/2 lady 45

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit