Can you answer: What is "The Truth™"?

by serenitynow! 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

The truth is: NOTHING is true, EVERYTHING is perrmitted. But when that gets in the way of what someone else wants to do then the walls of jericho go up.

• sizemik
    sizemik

W ell said JLP . . . a great mind had something similar to say on the very same subject . . . W hoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.
    Albert Einstein

• godrulz
    godrulz

The written Word, the Bible (Ps. 119), is truth from God, but it must be translated and interpreted properly (leaves out WT and NWT).

The Living Word, the Lord Jesus Christ is also Truth (Jn. 14:6). We must trust the real Jesus (YHWH in the flesh), not a counterfeit WT christ (Michael).

Sound doctrine is also truth as is the gospel (Rom. 1:16). Again, the WT is ignorant of truth in too many essential areas. Biblical, historical, orthodox Christianity best reflects divine revelation in Scripture/Christ. Pseudo-christian cults do not have the answers and twist Scripture to their own destruction.

• trevor
    trevor

The truth is that life is a sandwich. One side is birth, the other death. There has never been an exception.

We try to choose a filling that makes it more palatable to us, but at the end of the day, sometimes sooner, we cease to be.

That is the unpalatable truth of life.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Yeah Trevor . . . that's it in a nutshell . . . life's really just one big shit sandwich! LOL

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

The truth according "The Society" is whatever they deem it to be at that time regardless of previous or future doctrine.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Hi Loubelle

My mother always told me not to tell lies. Once you tell a lie, she said, you have to keep telling more lies to hide the lies you've told.

The WT society tells "truths". Once they tell a truth, they have to keep telling more truths to hide the truths they've told.

Funny . . . but my mother never told me about that.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

oh I like that!

• truman
    truman

I am up at 3:00am trying to finish a very long essay for a course in Medieval literature. Part of my material comes from Umberto Eco's novel the Name of the Rose, set in a 14th century abbey. He has a take on finding truth that really resonates with me:

“the only truth lies in learning to free ourselves from the insane passion for truth”

• blondie
    blondie

"What is the truth, but a lie agreed upon."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit