Can you answer: What is "The Truth™"?

by serenitynow! 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I mean can someone, preferably an active JW, explain in 5 sentences or less what that really means?

I ask because of the long post that "20571..." made on another thread about how "the truth" is better than this, that and the other thing.

What does it really mean?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Religious 'truth'?

No such thing.

Jeff

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    The truth is the one way:love.

So that is what "The Truth" is? Love? That special thing that JWs have, and no one else does? Hmm...

• yknot
    yknot

Easy breezy

That of the JWs is really 'gospel', or "good news', as of Jah's heavenly kingdom that was established by the enthronement of Jesus at the end of the Gentile Times in 1914.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Different from the gospel, or good news, that all other Christians teach, then?

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    That of the JWs is really 'gospel', or "good news', as of Jah's heavenly kingdom that was established by the enthronement of Jesus at the end of the Gentile Times in 1914.

That's interesting. All the time I spent in JWland I didn't realize that the "good news" and "The Truth" were the same. That's kinda lame.

Different from the gospel, or good news, that all other Christians teach, then?

What is the gospel, as taught by regular churches?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I'm assuming JW's view "The Truth" as higher spiritual understanding directly provided through God.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Well, since man wrote the Bible (much proof it was man's hand as well as all the other holy books), then it must be man's truth.

And since man created religion, then it is man's truth, again.

The real question is probably, Who's truth is it?

• yknot
    yknot

And before someone thinks I am wrong..... (HERE IS YOUR PUB QUOTE!)

*** w81 5/1 p. 17 par. 3 If God Has an Organization, What Is It? ***

3 Let the honest-hearted person compare the kind of preaching of the gospel of the Kingdom done by the religious systems of Christendom during all the centuries with that done by Jehovah’s Witnesses since the end of World War I in 1918. They are not one and the same kind. That of Jehovah’s Witnesses is really “gospel,” or “good news,” as of God’s heavenly kingdom that was established by the enthronement of his Son Jesus Christ at the end of the Gentile Times in 1914.

Notice the last two sentences....sure the message isn't as direct as the 81 article but it does reaffirm.

*** w99 11/1 p. 16 par. 8 Benefits From Loving God’s Word ***

8 Jesus’ parable showed that there would be different responses to the preaching of the good news, depending on the heart condition of the hearer. The seed being sown is “the word of God.” (Luke 8:11) Or, as another record of the parable says, the seed is “the word of the kingdom.” (Matthew 13:19) Jesus could use either expression, since the theme of God’s Word is the heavenly Kingdom under Jesus Christ as King by means of which Jehovah will vindicate his sovereignty and sanctify his name. (Matthew 6:9, 10) In effect, then, the seed is the message of the good news in God’s Word, the Bible. Jehovah’s Witnesses highlight this Kingdom message as they sow seed in imitation of the original Sower, Jesus Christ.

Giggles "The Truth about the Troof"

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

After I left, I read an article in the newspaper, written by a religious guy who had found THE TRUTH.

It could have been written by a JW.......but it wasn't.

Lots of people believe THEY have the truth. We met quite a few in FS.

Logic dictates that they cannot all be right.

The JW leaves the door, thinking "Oh are you going to get a big surprise"

and the householder closes the door thinking "Oh are you going to get a big surprise".........

And God films it all to show to the angels when he has them round for lunch, and they all have a good laugh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit