A few Dawkins quotes to think about.

by AK - Jeff 328 Replies latest jw friends

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

God kills so do men who believe in their gods. ...... thetrueone

• cult classic
    cult classic

A basic study in zoology helps one to understand the animal kingdom. And J Hofer is right. We're animals too.

• thetrueone
  • steve2
    steve2

Suddenly a creationist can assert from the depths of superstition that animals don't suffer. Nice one: Call upon "God" to explain away the bleeding obvious.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    A few Dawkins quotes to think about.

DAWKINS. WHAT A CHEERFUL FELLOW! JUST INSPIRING I TELL YOU! CARRY ON! THE CAR IS RUNNING IN THE GARAGE AND THE DOOR HAS BEEN CLOSED FOR YOU.

• cofty
    cofty

Some tree huggers may say it's because the animals feel pain - Sab

One of the strangest comment I have read on this forum for a long time?

botchtower - how do you mean? I find most atheists to be very positive people, unlike the may members of the death cult known as christianity

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I find most atheists to be very positive people, unlike the may members of the death cult known as christianity

Reductionism at its finest.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    DAWKINS. WHAT A CHEERFUL FELLOW!

Wow. What on earth does the nature of a person's mood have to do with his ability to express rational thought? And why would your comment following that one have any place in this discussion? Ad Hominem at it's finest.

Jeff

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

And why would your comment following that one have any place in this discussion?

Could it be called "having an opinion"?

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Dawkins is the personification of arrogance and quite frankly is not as knowledgable on certain subjects than he makes out.

He is entitled to his opinions - but that is all they are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit