Camping tells all tonight!!

by moshe 52 Replies latest jw friends

• SEL
    SEL

I didn't get to listen to Camping speak, but did he really claim that his 1994 prophesy wasn't incorrect either? I thought he had admitted to an error with that one, though not with the May 21 prophesy, but if he's clinging to 1994 as well that could be good news. My JW friend and I had a laugh Saturday night over the Rapture not happening. He hasn't been following it like I have, but I do wonder what he would think if he heard Camping make the same excuses that the JWs make regarding their old prophesies.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Nah Heaven. I said on that one that he would change the date of judgment day. He said judgmnt day happened invisibly but the end of the world is still october 21 as hes been saying all along. 6 months of torture or some crap.

• cantleave
    cantleave

The guy is a total remorseless, jackass.

• ezyfly25
    ezyfly25

Altho I am not a wittness myself, I have to admit that it does feel like the end of this world is fast approaching. My mother a JW has explained that the bibe warn's us of the sign's to watch out for and they sure have happened/happening - find this pretty scary myself!!!

I'm pretty sure however we will not get a head's up on the date this will happen lol

I just hope that it's a quick painless end as depressing as that sound's...

:(

• DanaBug
    DanaBug
    My mother a JW has explained that the bibe warn's us of the sign's to watch out for and they sure have happened/happening - find this pretty scary myself!!!

The signs in Matthew 24? Those have always happened and will continue to happen. Sometimes it seems like things are getting worse because we instantly hear about everything now due to technology like satellites, cell phones, and the internet. Maybe check the statistics to see if things really are worse and that will calm your fears. JWs have selective sight and memory about these things and a generally distorted view of the world. Personally, I think if any time could be thought of as the Biblical last days it would have been the Dark Ages.

Here's something a Presbyterian pastor wrote that links William Miller, CT Russell, and Camping. I might have got it from this board too, can't remember. But thanks if that was you! I'm passing around on fb and reddit anything that links the JWs with Camping. Spread the embarassment!

http://www.scionofzion.com/hall.htm

Family Radio may not be the Watchtower Tract and Bible Society, but it is built on the same wrong-headed interpretations of Scripture, the same date-setting, the same recalculations, the same accusations of complete apostasy, and the same claim to be the last true channel of God's Word. Despite the differences, both are heresy - - the tearing apart of Christ's church.

Edited: Maybe we should all do this guy a favor and send him the old literature. You know, so he doesn't make the same mistakes.

• sherah
    sherah

Ziddina Said - The more of a fool he makes of himself over his special little "Doomsday", the more peoples' eyes will be opened to the idiocy of ANY religion declaring a "Doomsday" OR an "Endtimes" OR a "Day of Judgement", etc, etc. I wonder how many JWs will eventually wake up as a result of this idiocy - will perceive the uncomfortable similarities to the Watchtower Society...

My thoughts exactly. This is safe talking point topic with dub. Many are quick to laugh at HC and his followers but pointing out to them how Camping is flip-flopping in the same eerily similiar style will get them to thinking. Casually mentioning info in the Proclaimers and Reasoning Book will keep the conversation going.

• moshe
    moshe
    My thoughts exactly. This is safe talking point topic with dub. Many are quick to laugh at HC and his followers but pointing out to them how Camping is flip-flopping in the same eerily similiar style will get them to thinking.

Good idea, if you can get some of our folks here on JWN to talk to JWs when they come to their door- they are proud to be "no talkers" when JWs ring the door bell.

• Ding
    Ding

I can't get JWs to ring my doorbell.

They put me on their DNC list through no request of my own.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    The more of a fool he makes of himself over his special little "Doomsday", the more peoples' eyes will be opened to the idiocy of ANY religion declaring a "Doomsday" OR an "Endtimes" OR a "Day of Judgement", etc, etc. I wonder how many JWs will eventually wake up as a result of this idiocy - will perceive the uncomfortable similarities to the Watchtower Society...

Indeed, Harold Camping has been a blessing of sorts. I was on a Jehovah's Witness facebook page where someone (who I think posts here) posted an articles Moshe linked here comparing Camping's date to other false dates revealed by other religions, like the witnesses. I asked pointed questions about it while some witnesses kept defending their previous failed dates. One witness even said that those dates were 'made up straws.' The original poster and I were both kicked out of that group.

I am also using this with my wife.

• moshe
    moshe
    The original poster and I were both kicked out of that group.

Happens all the time when it gets----- ------ the JWs want to close their eyes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit