Camping tells all tonight!!

by moshe 52 Replies latest jw friends

• reslight2
    reslight2

I am presenting the following as presented by Barbara Anderson; the great change of 1923 did, in effect, change the whole viewpoint of Armageddon, since before, there was no thought of anyone who had not been englightened as being eternally destroyed.

-----------------

1. The earliest belief of Russell and associates—1879 onward

Zion’s Watch Tower, September 1881, p. 269, par. 5, 6:

A thousand years of such ruling and teaching! ... This thousand years is the time during which all the nations are gathered before the judgment seat of Christ. It is their judgment day—one thousand years.[6] During all that time, God’s truth, as a two-edged sword, will be quietly, … doing a separating work, dividing the sheep from the goats. Matt. XXV, 31-46.

This article originally appeared in the September 1879 Zion’s Watch Tower, p. 34, and was expanded in Sept.1881.

Zion’s Watch Tower, March 15, 1905, p. 3528, par. 6:

The Lord refers to this other flock of sheep, and explicitly tells us about the gathering of those sheep to his favor under him as the great Shepherd. He definitely fixes the time and shows that the parable of the sheep and goats belongs not to the present age but to the Millennial age

The Watch Tower, February 15, 1914, p. 5406, par. 7:

One parable at least tells about the future work of the kingdom, after the Church is completed and sits with Christ in his throne. This is the parable of the Sheep and the Goats… [par. 10] This dividing of the world, the Gentiles, will progress for a thousand years, and eventually will make a most complete separation…

2. 1923—Change

In the October 15, 1923 issue of The Watch Tower, p. 308, par. 18, 21, the second president of the Watch Tower Society, Joseph F. Rutherford wrote:

(18) Our Lord’s throne, or judgment-seat, mentioned in the parable does not seem to be that of the Millennial throne which will deal with the living and the dead during his reign, but seem clearly to be the throne of court established to judge the things existing at the time of or during his second presence and before the beginning of restoration. (21) …that this judgment of the unrighteous things spoken of by St. Jude takes place prior to the beginning of the Millennial age judgment, which shall be in righteousness. Acts 17:31

Repetition for emphasis: Rutherford applied the judgment of everlasting destruction for goat-like people before the Millennium began and during Christ’s invisible presence, which was thought to have begun in 1874.

According to that same Watch Tower,the messageand how people react to that message about the day of God’s vengeance preached by God’s earthly representatives separates goat-like people from sheep-like people only in Christendom and not dividing or separating the gentile world as Russell taught.

But it is the duty of the church, as representing the Lord on earth, to proclaim the day of his vengeance against Satan’s unrighteous system and to call upon the people to separate themselves from the unclean thing and come apart and recognize and acknowledge allegiance to the King of kings and Lord of lords (p. 314, par. 61).

His [Jesus] words concerning the separating of one from another in this parable do not seem to relate to a general separation of the nations, but rather to the separation of the two general classes composing the nations of Christendom, one symbolized by goats and the other by sheep.(p. 310, par. 30).

• reslight2
    reslight2

I stated earlier:

I do not know of anyone who was claiming that Christ would return in 1874.

This should have read:

I do not know of anyone who was claiming that Christ would return in 1914.

• reslight2
    reslight2

I just noticed another place where I left out the word "not":

I stated:

who claim to be Christian, but who are at heart Christian

This should have been

who claim to be Christian, but who are at heart not Christian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit