No Rapture But JW's Shown 2 B The True Idiots

by Pig 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Pig
    Pig

Loved this article in australia

FIVE OTHER END-OF-WORLD PREDICTIONS:

1. Followers of William Miller believed the world would end on October 22, 1844.

2.The Jehovah's Witness religion has predicted the end of the world in 1914, 1915, 1918, 1920, 1925, 1941, 1975 and 1994.

3. Charles Wesley, founder of the Methodist Church, predicted the world would end in 1794.

4. Famous forecaster Nostradamus predicted doomsday would happen in July 1999.

5. English mystic Joanna Southcott predicted the world would end on October 19, 1814, when she gave birth to the Messiah.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/case-of-poor-judgment/story-e6frfkvr-1226060322904#ixzz1N4c3aWEE

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Is it ironic that JWs make fun of Harold Camping when they have their own failed prophecies? Especially since one of their dates (1994) was shared with Harold Camping. I wonder if the WT ever referenced Camping to say that non JWs noticed the import of 1994.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Hmmm... seems the JW's have the most failed end-times prophecies of any of the others... and yet they claim to have had their finger on the pulse of world conditions... Oy.

• Pig
    Pig

yeah i bet they will all be laughing at the next meeting

"hahaha, faulse prophets were exposed, hahaha"

**cough 1975 cough**

• cantleave
    cantleave

I really don't get the 1994 reference. I don't recall anything implying 1994 could be the big A

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

cantleave I was thinking the same thing. 1994 didn't seem all that significant to me...

• Pig
    Pig

cantleave did it have anything to do 80 years after 1914? 80 years being one generation?

• laverite
    laverite

Yeah, what's up with 1994? Can someone explain that one? Did I miss it?

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

1994 was 80 years from 1914 so at one time it would have been the maximum period of time considered a generation.

Of course, now we have the elastic generation...

To be fair though, I don't remember the WBTS ever actually saying anything about 1994.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Pig I think you're right... I Bing'ed it and this is what I found:

Some Witnesses interpreted Psalms 90:10 as defining the length of a generation to be 80 years. Since 1914 plus 80 equals 1994, they predicted Armageddon would occur around that year. This prediction came from the grass-roots level of the organization. The WTS itself did not officially proclaim it... http://www.religioustolerance.org/witness8c.htm

So I guess this wasn't an actual WTBTS prophecy, just something that was circulated and again, failed. That's why we don't find written references to anything noteworthy happening in 1994.

LOL @ "elastic generation"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit