No Rapture But JW's Shown 2 B The True Idiots

by Pig 54 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yeah, hubby was offended when I told him the WTS set dates that failed in the past. "You shouldn't set dates. Only God knows," he said.

• finding my way
  • Sayswho
    Sayswho

It's amazing how the R&F don't even understand the very things they claim to believe in wholeheartedly.

OMG...how true this is...sad but it-is-what-it is.

Sw

• moshe
    moshe

Look at history- have people been fooled into doing another Jonestown? Have people been fooled again into buying 93 Rolls Royce's for a religious guru? People do learn and this May21st mistake will have fallout for the WT religion-

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

@Bungi Bill, et al

1994 was 80 years after 1914 and the Bible describes a man's years as "70 or 80". In 1984, Ronald Reagan said "We strive for peace and security" and by the time it went through the JW rumor mill, it was being spread as "Reagan declared 1984 the year of peace and security and we all know when they are saying 'peace and security' the end will come." I remember retarded JW familly members saying that. Not sure about 1996. One of the Revelation Climax changes was from "this 20th Century" or something like that to "soon" or something like that. I had one of the old books when they were passing out stickers to put over the "old light" that had "new light" on them.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Yeah, hubby was offended when I told him the WTS set dates that failed in the past. "You shouldn't set dates. Only God knows," he said."

Good Mornin' Jnat,

if your husband would care to look in his Reasoning from the Scriptures book

on page 136 the middle paragraph states: " It is true that the Witnesses have made mistakes in ther understanding of what would occur at the end of certain time periods......."

Also in the Kingdom Proclaimers book on page 62 it tells of how Brother Russell and A.H. Macmillan had expectations

at the very bottom of that page it states: "No, the Bible students were ' not taken' home to heaven in October 1914."

I hope your husband has a Proclaimers book so he can see for himself that dates were in fact set in this religion

• wasblind
    wasblind

Also I would like to add, that many JW's claim they are not false prophets

because they are not inspired. Yes, 2 Timothy 3:16 says "All scripture is inspired"

but Dueteronomy 18: 20-22, does not mention " inspired" prophets because

it is describing false prophets who are most definitley not inspired

• wasblind
    wasblind

On page 157 in the Proclaimers book, in the second paragraph

Jehovah's Witnesses most definitely compare themselves to prophets, It states:

"Any group or individual that speaks in the name of Jehovah put themselves under obligation to convey his word truthfully.............As Jehovah commanded his prophets in times past, so today, his Witnesses must not take anything away from God's word by failing to make it known."

A similar statement can be found in the Reasoning book on page 133

It states: " If any individual or organization claim to represent God but decline to use God's personal name and make it a practice to express their own opinion on matters, are they measuring up to this important qualification of a true prophet?"

With this these statements the WTS is clearly saying they measure up as prophets

and of course we all know by their own addmission they made mistakes on dates, this indeed

put them in the same category as Harold Camping

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

A lof JWs expected something big to happen in 1994. Then a 1995 article cautioned against "calculating" when the end will come followed by an adjustment in the interpretation of a generation.

But there was also another a date, I think it was in 2006 or 2007. It was only announced to Elders at KM schools that the following year we would be in the new world. Supposedly they were not tell anyone but many told their wives and I clearly remember many wives (including some of my relatives) wondering how the slave knew the new world would come the following year if no one knows the day, hour, blah, blah, blah.

Any of you elders remember a letter being read at your KM school to that effect?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there Shopaholic

I sure would like to see the article that cautioned against makin' calculations

because on page 97 in the Reasoning book there's a chart that calculates the "seven times"

and the last sentence in the paragraph under the chart states:

" Before the last members of the generation that was alive in 1914 will have passed off the scene, all things foretold will occur, including the "great tribulation" in which the present wicked world will end."

Key words alive in 1914, that don't sound like they were refering to an overlaping generation to me.

because the children born the last year of Fred Franz life were not alive in 1914

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit