No Rapture But JW's Shown 2 B The True Idiots

by Pig 54 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

I heard a bit about 1996 being the possible year of Armageddon.

Has anyone heard of this?

• wobble
    wobble

!996 ? Did it happen ?

Invisibly.of course.

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

Curious to know how many witnesses will go doo-to-door mentioning the failed prophecy of today? A false prophet or...no one knows the date or time script may be applied. I wonder if I would have chosen to do so? I was not around in the Truth in '75 but sure heard about the bru-ha-ha it caused. I can't imagine living thru that time and immediately after being a witness. My head and heart would've exploded!

Being out of the org a few years, I can see how dumb it would be talk to folks today about another religious groups failed, Come take me away, God prophecy. How hypocritical and besides, if someone at the door would call a witness on it, where do you go from there? How do you justify it? I know, I know. A perfect organization made of imperfect people or whatever excuse, er scripture I mean, one would feel comfortable enough to use to show the Witnesses are God's one and only "TRUE" religion.

Wow! When I think about it all it just makes me sad, yet angry at the same time, how many trusting, God-seeking people get duped on either side of the coin. I am hopeful that one day ALL these supposed shepherd leaders will have their day in the court of the "Almighty".

• scotoma
    scotoma

Notice how much Camping looks like Fred W. Franz? Maybe it's a syndrome of some sort.

Can't wait to hear Campings explanation. I'll fall over if it involves an invisible return or a symbolic earthquake.

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

*** w03 12/15 p.15OurWatchfulnessTakesOnGreaterUrgency***

Warned of“ThingsNotYetBeheld”

6 In Noah’s day, Jehovah declared: “My spirit shall not act toward man indefinitely in that he is also flesh. Accordingly his days shall amount to a hundred and twenty years.” (Genesis 6:3) The issuance of this divine decree in 2490 B.C.E. marked the beginning of the end for that ungodly world. Just think what that meant for those then living! Only 120 years more and Jehovah would bring “the deluge of waters upon the earth to bring to ruin all flesh in which the force of life is active from under the heavens.”—Genesis 6:17.

7 Noah received the warning of the upcoming catastrophe decades in advance, and he wisely used the time to prepare for survival. “After being given divine warning of things not yet beheld,” says the apostle Paul, “[Noah] showed godly fear and constructed an ark for the saving of his household.” (Hebrews 11:7) What about us? Some 90 years have passed since the last days of this system of things began in 1914. We are certainly in “the time of the end.” (Daniel 12:4) How should we respond to warnings we have been given? “He that does the will of God remains forever,” states the Bible. (1 John 2:17) Now is therefore the time to do Jehovah’s will with a keen sense of urgency.

Now u tell me what is the implication of these words for any real student of wt literature? How would one with half a brain take this. Its as bad as 80 generation and 1994. They make implications and talk and write about things they ought naught.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    The society are very clever though at saying something without actually saying it.

Funny how they feel compelled to say they didn't say it . . . but only when the time has expired ????

I guess it's enough to satisfy some.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

i took great joy in taking my daughter to 'pick a year' so she could see the shear number of false predictions in history.

not neglecting to show her the dates by the WT...

and she too was talking about the 'no rapture' on facebook.

i am making sure lately that she gets every chance to see through their shit.

oz

• steve2
    steve2

There were also more than a couple of direct "predictions" - er, sorry, I mean statements - made in the publications that the end would arrive before the end of the 20th Century. What hypocritical dopes . Any knowledgeable poster remember the references of those statements?

• sizemik
    sizemik

I can't help thinking that those identified in Pig's OP numbered 1, 3, 4, and 5 . . . would be bitterly dissappointed at being included in such "dubious" company.

I'm serious about this.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

I don't ever recall the WTS saying anythng about 1994, 1996 - or even 1984, as I have heard some claim.

Then again, perhaps I did hear it, but automatically dismissed it out of hand as just total nonsense:

- having lived through the 1975 debacle.

- having personally known those who had lived through the 1941/1942 mini-debacle.

- and having learned the truth about the 1925 debacle!

Bill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit