No Rapture But JW's Shown 2 B The True Idiots

by Pig 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

And incidentally, I think the publicity this has received is great. Lots of young JWs on FB are commenting on this - it's a great opportunity for them to discuss false prophecies without raising the apostate alert.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I don't think the Botchtower ever predicted anything for 1994, but it was the end-of-life for the 1914 generation and they had to do something....

Considering what they came up with, they should have slept on it a little more..... or consulted a spirit medium to channel another concoction.... where is Johannes Greber when you need him.....

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby
    where is Johannes Greber when you need him

ROFL!

• Pig
    Pig

didnt they have a picture in one of the books that showed a line graph with the last generation darkened to be between 1914 to somewhere around 1999 with a question mark hovering around? And they kept saying "within this century"

The society are very clever though at saying something without actually saying it

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

They learned how to imply alot while saying very little. They learned from the 1975 debacle... Without printing such things, they could turn it right around on the R & F and blame them for "running ahead of Jehovah's Organization".

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The 1995 generation change was likely a direct result of the failure of 1994. As a kid, I recall them harping on a generation being 70 or 80 years. The May 15, 1984 "Generation That Will Not Pass Away" Watchtower was not coincidentally in 1984. The Borg probably started throwing around ideas for what to do in 1995 when Armageddon didn't come way back 11 years earlier - they had a 10 year cushion to play with because of the 70-80 year generation thing.

The problem with ALL of it is 1914. That's going to be the next big change and it won't come until after 2034. They're going to try and ride out the status quo until GB 3.0 takes power. GB 2.0 are retarded.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Tee hee hee.

Reactive instead of proactive.

Thus goeth the WT.

Syl

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby
    The problem with ALL of it is 1914.

I'd love to know how they are going to make 100 years of Watchtower history and theology based on that one year disappear... I'd love to know the "satisfactory" answer they will give the R & F. I'd also love to see how many people actually walk because of it. Newer converts not so much, but those who "grew up" on 1914? I wonder what the reaction will be...

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

I just had a friend my congregation make some crack about The Rapture prophecy today. I just looked at him like he was an idiot and remarked: "Jehovah's Witnesses really don't have any room to be making fun of other religions for failed prophecies." I expected that he would just shut his mouth, but he actually tried to defend himself and said, "well, we might not have been right about exactly what would happen, but at least we were right about the dates being important."

I actually laughed at him out loud. I explained that he should do some research in our older publications to find out how many times Jehovah's Witnesses have falsely claimed the end was coming on "x" date, and that he would see we have been the capital offenders of this in the past.

Bleck!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    The society are very clever though at saying something without actually saying it

Yes, they is. It is called 'plausible deniability.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit