Wifes leaving their husbands

by Lazarus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

We had the same phenomenon here before I left the WTS--late 90's/early 2000's. The rumor mill said all the women had hooked up with men over the internet, so there were all these local needs about not chatting with members of the opposite sex if one is married. I imagined lonely, ignored women turning to men who apparently showed them more interest than their husbands.

• Kudra
    Kudra

It was interesting, when I went to do the final appearance before the judge as part of filing my divorce papers -it was ALL women in the room (including the judge, lol). The judge meets with a large group of divorce petitioners all at once and takes them through the final oath (or whatever) and signatures.

In all ~20 cases, on that day at least, all of the petitioners were women. There were no men there trying to get a divorce.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Some may have done that on the rebound, but it's more likely they were so relieved over getting rid of their sorry-ass husbands and the patronizing cult, that they could not even imagine getting with another man for a long time and just got busy recovering and living.

That was my experience.

Men just after my divorce?

• Kudra
    Kudra

That would be like going on a clam chowder binge right after having a case of seafood-related food sickness. Yeah, ugh.

My ex, however, has already tried to date several women. The divorce was final a few months ago.

I really hope those women are all well and happier than they had been for years. Probably are.

• cantleave
    cantleave

it seemed to happening in our circuit just before I left. I remember the CO raising it as a concern.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

In my brother's congregation a sister left her unbelieving husband to move in with a fellow worker...at the same time, her newly married daughter was dumped by her husband...he was then disfellowshipped...In my congregation a mother of 4 ran away with her husband's best friend...he is also father of 4...the two couples got divorced and the unfaithful mates are now married together and reinstated...

• Lazarus
    Lazarus

Thank you for your numerous responses.

I think it is a general trend nowadays that more more women leave their man then opposite. I'm asking myself whether the driving factor for JW women leaving is because they are unhappy with their religion or with their marriage. Most likely something of both. It's very interesting to hear your viewpoints.

By the way, two of the women are (or have been) married with JWs one with a "nonbeliever". All three of them have a new relationship.

If this trend continues, there will be really hard times in affected congos. The mood in our congo is exceedingly depressive.

• out4good3
    out4good3
    the two couples got divorced and the unfaithful mates are now married together and reinstated...

I saw something like this in the congregation I used to belong to when I was still in the honeymoon stage of being a JW. In that case, not only did the unfaithful mates get together and remarry, a MS and an Elders Wife, packed up and moved out of state, but the mates left behind also got togother and married. I will never forget the way the mates left behind pranced into a circuit assembly some time later, arm in arm, as if they were Mr and Mrs. Universe.

Creepy to say the least. In hindsight, I suspect there was a case of some wife swapping gone awry going on.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

If this is a trend, it is new.

Been going on for 20 years here.

Many more 30-something women packing their bags and moving on to something "better" than there are men doing so.

Most JW wives have gone out into the workforce, might even be making more money than their unskilled, no college hubby. They meet some charming, successful worldly dude who treats her better and "respects" her more than she is getting at home where she is totaly disillusioned with her little trailer home. All of a sudden she sees the opportunity to start all over again with someone who will love her and appreciate her more and where she'll be able to have a nice home, finer things, travel, and enjoy life. Maybe she all too well rememberes the 1975 stories, and the generation change, and change again, and now....overlap generations. Maybe she knows that her Mom all too well remembers 1975 hung in there as the end was soooo close and thus lived to regret that she didn't leave the @$$hole hubby that she still has (or who has died without life insurance or a retirement fund).

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Welcom Lazarus!!

It was happening a lot in my area when I left. Many elder's wives are just tired of being ignored while their husband is flaunted up on stage every week.

I left my husband after 20 years of marriage, but definitely not for another man. I needed to be free of religion and men!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit