Wifes leaving their husbands

by Lazarus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Lazarus
    Lazarus

Hi to all!

This year alone, three wifes in my congo left their husband and DA with JWs (all of them have kids). Similar cases are seen in nearby congos. Its striking that far more women leave their man and the JWs then man do.

I would like to know, whether this observation can be made in your area too. If so, what do you think are reasons for this?

Are there maybe female forum members who left ther husband and the JWs and can explain why they did it?

P.S.: I'm no native english speaker, so I apologize for wrong grammar etc.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

All three DA'd at the same time they left the husbands? Sounds like a non approved study group got together and figured out that the WT was just a mysogynistic religion.

The reason more women are leaving the religion (and possibly their hubbies) is they are sick of being treated like second class citizens. Its got to be sickening if you are smarter in certain areas than your husband to be told he gets to make the decision because of his genetalia.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

If this is a trend, it is new. There have always been more women in the Borg and this is in part because men fade more easily.

But with the radical misogyny inherent in the Borg and seemingly increasing with GB 2.0, I can see women picking up and walking out more and more.

• unshackled
    unshackled

Welcome to the forum, Lazarus. Interesting observation...I haven't been to a kingdom hall for many years so can't add any local experience.

That said, perhaps more JW wives leave is due to the submissive role they told to take. Many women are abused and the elders often do very little besides telling them to be more submissive.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yes, it's the woman hating (misogyny) that caused me to never go back.

But that's just one reason among many more.

I experienced misogyny and patronizing a lot because I was a divorced mother of two and didn't have a husband to bring in for them to make into a servant.

They need more men, you know.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

From my observations its usually the husbands that end up leaving the wife and the organization. Although I've seen a couple instances where marriages dissolved and the women left the religion. In those cases though, they didn't DA themselves, they instead faded.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

You're not nearly as fun when you're sober, Miz.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Divorced women are happier, more productive, more fulfilled and live longer than divorced men.

Married women are less happy, fulfilled and healthy than married men.

Just a side point.

I think these women should be fine... too bad there were kids to drag along.

Kudra (divorced and successful class)

• White Dove
    White Dove

Same here, Kudra

• Kudra

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit