Should Israel cede Land to Palestine at the pre 1967 markers and recognize Palestinian Statehood.

by designs 82 Replies latest social current

• Robdar
    Robdar

The Palestinians lost that land fair and square. If you don't want a bloody nose, don't start a fight.

• NeckBeard
    NeckBeard

Netanyahu Urges U.S. Return To 1845 Borders

U.S aggression has forced Mexicans into a life of hopelessness, drugs and underemployment.

Netanyahu Urges U.S. Return to 1845 Borders

Israeli PM calls for “just solution” to end the conflict.

Aboard Air Force Aleph (Reuters) – Speaking to reporters accompanying Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on his long flight to the United States tonight, Netanyahu spoke of the injustice and hardship Mexicans have endured since American forces annexed Texas in 1845. “Tens of thousands of ordinary Mexicans were driven out of their homes – the only homes they had known for centuries – and forced to live in poverty and squalor south of the border imposed by American aggression,” Netanyahu said. “The Israeli and Mexican people agree on this: This festering wound will never heal until America takes bold steps to return to the internationally accepted lines of 1845. Clearly the settlement activity that’s taken place in occupied Mexico since then is illegal. When I meet the President tomorrow I will tell him to halt all building activity in Texas immediately. Two lands for two peoples, yes, but not on land taken by force from Mexico,” the Prime Minister said.

Asked if his hard-line stance could hurt the U.S.-Israel relationship, Netanyahu reiterated Israel’s commitment to America’s security and the unshakeable friendship shared by the two countries, then added, “But who was it who said, part of friendship is being able to tell your friend the truth. The ball is now in Obama’s court.”

THE MAP SAYS IT ALL FOLKS. THE LEFT IS 1845, THE RIGHT IS 2000. THE US STOLE 1/3 OF ITS LAND.

THE US SHOUD RETURN THE LAND TO THE MEXISTINIANS.

1845 2000

• Curtains
    Curtains

the two leaders seem very tense on the front page of the newspaper today. Obama certainly took Netanyahu by surprise and I hope he sticks to his guns (non literally that is) as I think yes - Israel should cede land to Palestine at the pre 1967 markers.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

. The Arabs were kicking Israel's butt during the 1967 war when the U.S. stepped in and overwhelmed their forces. Because of

that, the UN ruled the land that was taken during the final land-grabbing moments of that war to be illegal.

Justita,

You are absolutely incorrect in this. The Arabs blocked the Suez canal and wouldn't allow shipping into or out of Israel. Israel viewed this as an act of war and completely waxed the asses of the Arabs in the 6 days war of 1967.

The US didn't get involved militarily. They didn't have to. Israel did have and still does have plenty of military power to obliterate every Arab nation if they wanted to.

The Palestinians are basically refugees who no other nations would take in. Jordan kicked them out, and Egypt wouldn't take them in. The unfortunate thing is that the Palestinians are basically pawns for the Arab nations to use to continually pester and kill Israelis.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Evidently, the US helped Israel invisibly.

I agree with Robdar. If the information was declassified, we'd all see it. If it isn't declassified those leaking it would be in jail, or maybe have died in an "accident."

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

The Arabs blocked the Suez canal and wouldn't allow shipping into or out of Israel.

Actually, they blocked the Strait of Tiran.

Nasser started in May 1967, by expelling the UN peacekeepers on the Sinai.

He then blocked the Strait of Tiran, which was a blockade of Israeli shipping out of Eilat to the Red Sea.

At the same time, Nasser massed more than 1000 tanks, artillery, air defenses, etc on the Sinai, which itself had been heavily fortified over the past decade.

Nasser's calculus was that the Israelis would try to stop the blockade by force, and that his far greater numerical forces would then invade and sweep through the Negev.

At the same time, the Syrians and the Jordanians would sweep in from the East and Northeast, and the forces would all meet at Jerusalem (The West Bank was Jordanian, Gaza was Egyptian).

After that it would be mopping up operations with Israel effectively ended. That was the Arab plan in 1967.

The Strait of Tiran is at the bottom of the map:

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Yes with one caveat. Israel gives back the land, sets the Palestinians up with a big line of credit, pushes through recognition from other nations, pushes through UN membership, and then signs a peace treaty with the new government stating that there will be peace forever between the two nations...except if there is one single incident of terroristic aggression by any Palestinian against Israel then all bets are off. State that any terrorism after a certain date will be met with complete destruction of every living thing within the nation of Palestine.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Someone mentioned the Yom Kippur War.

That war began 4 days after my first baby's birth.

I remember it quite well.

Israel was rocked back on its heels.

Syl

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

Botchtower:

I stand corrected. I was going from what I remembered from reading about it. It was not the Suez canal, but the Strait of Tiran.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

It could be that things are going to get "interesting." According to German news I came across today, the Iranians are building a missile base on the Peninsula de Paraguana.

If you use Google Chrome, you can easily translate the page into a somewhat broken English:

http://www.welt.de/politik/ausland/article13366204/Iranische-Raketenbasis-in-Venezuela-in-Planungsphase.html

I've been there, and it is the part of Venezuela that is the most geographically near the continental United States. The missile silos would be built at a depth of over 20 meters underground. Information from the news report says that Iranians are visiting Venezuela with suitcases full of cash (oil profits most likely) to provide funding for the project.

The distance from Paraguana to Washington DC is 2400 miles. Iran's latest missiles are suspected to have the necessary range.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shahab-6

I suspect, and this is just a guess on my part, that once the base is finished and operational, it will be time for Iran to strike Israel. Iran's nuclear reactor is close to operational. The Iranians are probably hoping that the US will not join in a counter response, since it would be be under direct threat of missile strikes. I can only speculate what kind of warheads the missiles would have. This is like a repeat of the Cuban missile crisis..

Of course, all this supposes that the report is accurate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit