Genius cosmologist Kirk Cameron takes down Hawking & Lennon

by unshackled 48 Replies latest jw friends

• bohm
    bohm

I'd lean more toward Weinberg than Witten, for unifying the electromagnetic and weak forces.

..if you measure who is the greater by which had the greater amount of experimental confirmation, then sure. but if you measure by who proposed the most difficult solutions Witten must certainly be evaluated higher. His output is simply amazing and its across so many topics and fields that it blow your mind. Have you ever read a single line produced by either?

I think superstring theory and quantum gravity will eventually prove to be crap.

Do you understand either?

Like adding epicycles to Ptolemaic astronomy to explain planetary movement.

yah.. its the same. it really is. and wittens field medal in mathematics and his work in supersymmetry and topology is like the Ether theory.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Time will tell.

Has anyone found that Higgs Boson yet?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Are you two arguing about what has YET to be proven and MAY NOT be proven, ever?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Another stupid entertainer with shit for brains.

• botchtowersociety
  • botchtowersociety
  • steve2
    steve2

Christians such as Cameron appear frustrated that a disabled human being like Hawking's is not electro-wheeling himself straight into their consolatory arms and elctro-asking to be saved. Instead, the man has the temerity to look the human condition in the eye and say, "This is itso there's no need for fairy tales".

Christians, with their need for nice and tidy (and violent) purposeful endings and beginnings, cannot understand how disability doesn't drive humans into the arms of their death-rescuing-obsessed Lord and Savior.

• sizemik
    sizemik

This thread has a name that jumped out at me . . . Ray Comfort.

Coming from Christchurch NZ, I remember Ray from the early and mid 80's during my early years as a JW. Ray used to preach in Cathedral Square in the centre of the City . . . from the top of a wooden stepladder. About 30 metres away our local "Wizard" the "Wizard of Christchurch" would also entertain from the top of his wooden ladder complete with pointed hat, wand, and full Wizard regalia. The Wiz used to sell upside-down world maps with NZ at the top and Great Britian (the 'podes') as the true "downunder". The Wizard always drew a bigger crowd, but then, he did have a bigger ladder.

I started a Bible Stuby with a young man from Ray's "congregation" once. On the third or fourth study, he announced that JW's were "earthly . . . demonic" because his Pastor told him so and he stopped the study (maybe that's one thing Ray got right LOL). Ray and his church did not like the JW's at all. Interesting that he's managed to further his "career" in the US. Just some personal memories . . .

• unshackled
    unshackled

steve2...good post.

sizemik...interesting that Comfort used to be in NZ. What was he like back then - preaching the same garbage as he does today? Also, was he doing his banana routine back then?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit