Gems from the August 15, 2011 WT

by Ultimate Reality 87 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Note the careful parsing of words:

The GOVERNING BODY does not KEEP a list of ALL partakers.

So, the WT probably has a list that maybe they give to the GB and then they give it back.

I am certain they track every single partaker.

Publisher cards list OS or anointed, after all.

They are so dishonest.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Another way that deceptive comment could be true is because they ONLY keep a list of COUNTED partakers. They ONLY count baptized JWs who partake and who have been approved by their elders to partake. They don't count (or keep a list of) Bible studies or other partakers who walk in off the street.

• Room 215
    Room 215

It may be they're laying the groundwork for the announcement of yet another increase in the number of partakers.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

bullshyt

bullshyt

bullshyt

• therevealer
    therevealer

So the ability of their Jehovah is downgraded. Could he not make sure through the holy spirit to have counted (if that is his wish) only those how are truly annointed. After all an annointed one knows they are such because god's spirit communes with their spirit or some such malarky. Do they not realize that this kind of talk just makes the whole thing harder to accept and believe or are their backs against the wall. The latter I believe.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

thereafter,

It's a flat out blasphemy!

If they question how fit the Holy Spirit is to select, communicate with and protect the anointed from any "past religious beliefs or even mental or emotional imbalance", then the "if not with us, you are against us" principle applies full force here.

They are in effect against the Holy Spirit - wasn't that an unforgivable sin?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Well my fears have been proven, Geoff Jackson (55) is mentally / emotionally inbalanced

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

They have probably got a pretty good idea on the number of nibble and sippers from this year's Memorial. Maybe an early smack down on another big increase.

Like others have said, what reason do they have to make this number public anymore? It used to be useful when it was dropping so they could blather on about the "dwindling number of anointed" but now its just an anchor that won't budge.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    It may be they're laying the groundwork for the announcement of yet another increase in the number of partakers.

Spot on. This article would have been written around the time they received the report of the memorial attenders and partakers.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

With all the excitement about the QFR stupidity, did you folks not notice the excellent internet smack-down article in the beginning?

I love the pic, where a network cable with RJ45 in the end has a shadow of a snake....

I guess WiFi is safe then, huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit