Gems from the August 15, 2011 WT

by Ultimate Reality 87 Replies latest watchtower bible

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Should we expect them to STOP publishing the total number of annointed ones in the future? I cannot see how publishing this number serves their interests, at all, now.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

We thus have no way of knowing the exact number of anointed ones on earth; nor do we need to know. The Governing Body does not keep a list of all partakers, for it does not maintain a global network of anointed ones.

Armageddon hasn't arrived. Mythbusted!' Now they're 'overlapping' instead which is just a damage control load of proaganda. It's still a literal 144,000 but it's looking like that's a 'Mythbusted' too!

The GB keep records of 'partakers'? I though that was what they paid their underlings to do while they invent 'New Light'TM to keep the R&F from getting bored.

Virtually every statement in these 'spiritual gems' reads like infantile proaganda.

Mrs Punk and daughter Punk will lap it up and agree with the childish crud from the FD$.

• leavingwt
  • leavingwt
    leavingwt

Screenshot:

Translation: Dear Brothers, some of you are crazy. Others, despite being baptized Jehovah's Witnesses are clinging to false religious beliefs.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Reminds me of this - Matthew 23:13

13 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I like that one where the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger insists on sources for outside sources, but they will provide none for their own material. This makes no sense--on outside sources, they do not insist on my trust in that one source with my life. I can trust one source that tells me that commodity prices are going to the moon and they make their livelihood on such commodities, and then cross-reference it. When I see prices at the store going up, gas prices going up, and more toilet papers being printed by the Fed, that backs it up. That makes me think perhaps the person got into commodities because of seeing the dollar becoming toilet paper. And I can check as many other videos, including those that bash such investments, as much as I feel like. They are not demanding that I put my trust in them with my life.

On the other hand, if the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger prints something without sources to back it up, you are supposed to trust them with your life. Never mind that every time anyone followed their advice, they took a bath with their lives. Cross-referencing anything is not allowed. To me, that is where the higher standard of proof comes in. I expect a lower standard of proof if a source encourages or freely allows cross-referencing without restrictions and a higher standard when they demand I trust them with my life, without questioning them.

• VM44
    VM44

(3) Where did the author get the information? Does he

supply sources that can be checked?

The Watchtower itself fails on this point. Many, if not most, of the time the Watchtower publications provide no references for the quotes that they use.

• Iconoclast
    Iconoclast
    The Watchtower itself fails on this point. Many, if not most, of the time the Watchtower publications provide no references for the quotes that they use.

Or if they do, often times they misquote the individual or take the quote out of context to suite their needed points, much like they do with the Bible.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Hmm....so does the fact that the number of partakers keeps increasing mean they are admitting that the numbers of mentally ill JWs are increasing? (just asking - innocent look)

And Re Point#1 - BWAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You owe me a new keyboard. REALLY?

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

How do we know that members of the Governing body themselves are not emotionally or mentally ill, or have wrong past religous beliefs that are contributing to their partaking improperly?

SIAM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit