Gems from the August 15, 2011 WT

by Ultimate Reality 87 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I think I know where they are going....

prior to 75 they announced the end (or implied it) by that year.... The year came and went and no END..... so who to blame? they claimed that it was the R&F that understood it wrong, they washed their hands by blaming us....

sooo now they taught that it was only 144k to go to heaven and that the spirit would reveal on each person..... but wait a minute the spirit is revealing in wayyy to many.... so lets now blame them again... some might be mentally unstable.

Taking no accountability for their responsibility.

Whats next?

in 20 years they will blame the R&F as the ones who decided to died for their blood "unstable" reasoning. They will claim they never said it. And if you point at them in the magazines what they said they will label it as apostate material.... The exact same way they do now..... they wont read a book printed by them more than 15 years old... they have new light..

And the poor blinded people will continue to follow their God!

• sd-7
    sd-7

About the anointed--I guess they don't want to ice the 144,000 belief, so the best choice is simply to lock all critical thought into the vault and say, 'Nothing to see here. It's so classified it's above even OUR spiritual pay grade.' But if GB 3 or 4.0 ever wanted to ice that belief, they could go down that road and this would be a good start.

Also, I distinctly remember my publisher's card listing that I was of the "other sheep" class. This implies that people who are genuinely considered "anointed" would have their publisher's cards marked accordingly. So the Governing Body does keep a record of it, it's just that it's a black box to begin with, so that the records themselves are meaningless.

And indeed, great Internet article. Those with sensitive consciences will avoid the Net altogether. While reading Watchtower literature written by unknown authors and committees, unknown sources quoted, and trusting the reputation of people who call themselves 'faithful', 'discreet', etc. But you can trust them, of course; if you don't, you'll die horribly.

Surprising, too, was that Jesus got some articles in this one. But it just seems like bearing witness to Jesus isn't such a good idea in the end, it's dangerous if Jehovah isn't mentioned first, after all...

Got to say, I'm surprised they missed such a great opportunity to bash apostates with the Internet article. But equating the snake talking to Eve as a 'chat room'--now THAT was hilarious. A talking snake is on a whole 'nother level from an Internet blog...

--sd-7

• sd-7
    sd-7

...Also, did anyone else notice how they equated the elders DF'ing people with Jehu's shooting Jehoram IN THE HEART WITH AN ARROW? I'm not sure any sane human should be comfortable with the inference of murder there... But I doubt most people will notice it. It serves as a reminder that the capacity for violence isn't as far away from them as it appears to be. Maybe I'm paranoid, but it was another subtlety to file away for future reference...

--sd-7

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I could be wrong, but when I first read this I thought, "that sounds familiar." I no longer have the WT resources I once had so I can't look it up but I believe they issued a similar statement decades ago, in answer to a question about a small increase in partakers in a then-recent year. Any scholars out there who could look this up?

Check the video on WT comments here:

http://watchtowercomments.com/index.html

At about 3:30 in the video they reference a past WT where they cited "mental strain" as a reason for some partaking.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

sd-7: Good point. Found it under the article 'Pursue Peace' on pg 31 par 16.

You're right, basically the paragraph says the Elders have the power to be judge and executioner.

Scary how much power the WTBTS places in the hands of untrained 'janitor' type Elders!

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

The JWs do not need to know anything that disprove WT teachings...including the increasing number of partakers...So shut down your internet browser, your brain, and start the latest WT CD-rom...we will tell you what to believe.

• jworld
    jworld

I decided to call out the point about new partakers being mentally and emotionally unstable to my Mom. She mentioned that at the circuit assembly she was talking to a sister (sounds more like gossiping) about the new partakers and wondering about their credentials.

The CO is visiting their congregation and my Dad ran it by the CO! LOL He's like 20 years younger than my dad (a real company man I'm sure). The CO thought it was written pretty harsh.

I don't want to get confrontational with my parents (they have a right to believe a certain way just as I do) but I have decided to throw in some of these" gems" of rediculousness into our conversations and see where it goes.

• sabastious
    sabastious

This is a fundamental problem I have with the Organization of Jehovah's Witnesses. Their leaders refuse to own up to their big mistakes. Sure they will talk about "all the changes" they have made "for the people" until they are blue in the face, but when their name is called into question by their own actions they degrade to childish antics such as this one:

Does this total represent the number of anointed ones on earth? Not necessarily. A number of factors—including past religious beliefs or even mental or emotional imbalance—might cause some to assume mistakenly that they have the heavenly calling.

It is unethical for the Governing Body to "call out" the real people with real feelings that are included in this increase over the years by accusing them of "possible" mental instability. The fact is the Governing Body doesn't know the reason for the increase. What they do know is that the increase is making them look bad. They should put out a press release stating a public apology to the rank & file for mistakingly putting too much emphesis on the number of annointed partakers. It could be easily reasoned that the Governing Body, in the interest of Worldwide Brotherhood, used a particular anual report statistic to premote Artificial Enthusiasm. The Governing Body has always called out the rank and file for "going ahead of Jehovah" but when they do it themselves and the facts come back to bite them they resort to name calling.

-Sab

• Ding
    Ding

They have no way of knowing?

Don't they know how many people are publishing and how many hours they put in each month and where?

Why can't they ask them to identify whether they're "anointed" or not?

Is the GB incompetent to figure out who the anointed are so they can give proper input into the managing of the kingdom work?

After all, didn't Jehovah anoint them to be rulers in his kingdom (according to the WTS)?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

sabastious: 'The Governing Body has always called out the rank and file for "going ahead of Jehovah" but when they do it themselves and the facts come back to bite them they resort to name calling.'

AWESOME!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit