An Intro and apology.

by Slidin Fast 35 Replies latest jw friends

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Your not alone Slidin Fast, there are a lot of long time JWs that are just hanging on precariously for their family's sake, mentally imprisoned

in just another bogusly devised corrupt religion, like so many out there.

All expressions of spiritualism are out dated and problematic toward mankind's continuing advancement.

The things done as an expression of devotion to this religion are arguably disgusting to say the least (human sacrifice).

It has become a big corporation that has many people living off of the proceeds in a endeavor to sustain themselves.

Its for these reasons among others that the wheels of the Watchtower must continue to roll........ unfortunately

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

You're among friends here.

Most of us on the board have been through at least a part of what you have experienced.

I remember 1975 very well, and it's amazing now to see the deniers who believe that the Society really didn't say much about it at all!

There a number of threads devoted to this topic.

I think it's important for younger ones to hear what really happened and the impact the Society's hype had on Jehovah's Witnesses who gave up family and careers and retirement planning because they were convinced the end was so near.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Thanks for the welcome folks, at last I feel part of this.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

DoWhatCha'GottaDo.

Eventually, someone will come around here and call you a 'HippoCryIt' for staying in the Org.

When that day comes, remember: "DoWhatCha'GottaDo".

By the way, welcome to The Circus.

JDW

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Welcome Slidin Fast. I to remember 1975. And many other things you talk about. I was baptized in 1970 at 16 and have lived through many teaching changes. I wish you well. Use this site to vent your feelings. Also use your vast experience in the cult to help all of us to make sense of what happen to our lifes in the cult. All of this will help you to emotional and spiritually heal. I use to say there is a reason why witnesses don't own guns. I quess my new saying should be there is a reason why ex witnesses don't own guns. You will find in time ways to be finally free of this cult. Just hang in there. Nice to have you on board. Take care. Totally ADD

• Quandry
    Quandry

Isn't it so true....the hold they have over people....

I was also there in 1975. How they can gloss it over is beyond me. And the generation....it has gotten to the point of ludicrous.

As someone here said; "Better to have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned."

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

As someone here said; "Better to have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned."

Great remark. My take is I wish I was sure of anything as they are about everything. One of the worst aspects is that the Bible is full of truth as much as it is full of unanswerable questions. If you insist on saying you have all the answers you just devalue the whole. A simple admission of lack of understanding would go so far. "We thought we understood what the generation meant but now we don't really know, perhaps we got it wrong", some chance!

• journey-on
    journey-on

.....and you'll probably die and have a JW infomercial funeral. There's your Life in a nutshell when you're an entrenched multi-generational born-in.

But, sincerely, glad you're here. We totally understand the " time and life invested in this ostrich" statement.

Look forward to more of your posts.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Belated welcome.

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

Welcome Slidin fast

My JW dad turned down a job offer in 1974 because he was told by the borg the end was coming in 1975 The job was a one in a lifetime offer that would have seen his family all be well off for money now if he had took the job at Digital Computers way back in the 1970's. He was a fool and spent all his time preaching the end was coming in 1975, but sod all happened and the job offer was gone My dad never made anything of himself always doing labouring jobs till he retired. Now he is in his 70's with no money in the bank and a family that's been split in two by his choice to become a witness way back in the 1960's Well done dad and I hope never to see you again

HHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit