An Intro and apology.

by Slidin Fast 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Welcome and thanks for telling us your story (I was also too afraid to post too many personal details thinking I would be instantly caught and elders would be knocking down my door as I was typing my first thread here).....as many here have already said,

take it slow and easy (especially if you have family "in" the org still), it is clear that you love your family and I hope you can find a way out-

I knew I would loose most of my family and I mentally prepared for that eventuality & all I am hanging on to still is keeping my uber JW mom- thus I keep a lot of my real life secret from her- I understand it is hard so I wish you the best and hope you keep posting!

CHG

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Respectfully . . . it's a slanted viewpoint. You could also say the advantages outweigh the disadvantages in a 'normal' life. In my experience, active JW's see nothing positive in the "world" . . . always picking holes in it . . . when actually there is plenty that is positive. Actually, the advantages of normality most definitely outweigh the disadvantages (if there are any) IMHO.

Thanks sizemic - My old mac won't highlight or format properly but I do agree with you. It is just her view-point and as many here would I'm sure attest it takes a while to change direction.

Thanks coffee house girl, this feels exillerating and dangerous but "its good to talk"

• jgnat
    jgnat

For your wife, addingnew hobbies, interests, and activities might bring her around. You're generally a positive guy anyways. She should enjoy that.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Slidin Fast, If you are a positive guy, jgnat's advice should help you a lot! What do you and your wife really enjoy doing? Go on vacations, dancing, hiking, biking, watching old movies, etc? If you search out activites that you and your wife like and can make new friends, you might be able to free your wife's mind which would open up more possibilities for both of you. Have you visited www.meetup.com? It is a good site to meet people with similiar interest. If it would help, former JWs can also schedule meeting up with each other using this link http://exjw.meetup.com/.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Slidin Fast: Good to hear your story.

There have got to be a thousand times ten thousand of active JWs who are wrestling with the same doctrinal issues that you mention in your opening thread (1975, blood, generation). Not to mention disfellowshipping and shunning.

The list of seasoned, long-serving dissenters among JWs is difinitely on the rise, and risen.

Sounds like you have lots to share. Look forward to it.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Welcome to this wonderful forum. Your statements definitely hit home. I have sat at the bedside of many a witness friend who wanted to just hang on for a few months longer to enjoy entering the Paradise. But sadly they fell victim to death instead of seeing their lifelong hope being fulfilled. It is so sad how the WTS keeps saying that the end is near only to dash these hopes with revised explanations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit