An Intro and apology.

by Slidin Fast 35 Replies latest jw friends

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Greetings Slidin Fast.

LOL! Better later than never, I say. It's nice to know a little bit more about you. It's perfectly understandable that you don't want to give yourself away at this point. Maybe it'll take you a while before you walk away from the KH and the JWs for good. Be patient with yourself and don't be in a hurry to do anything. Take care...

V665V665

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome. No apologies necessary here.

Loz x

• Kensho
    Kensho

Greetings Slidin

Nice Intro, I haven't posted my "official" intro either and now that I have read yours I can just cut and paste it as it is almost identical to mine, thanks,

and welcome to living in the shadows,

Kensho Satori

• moshe
    moshe

Confession is good for the soul- may you have peace and find a way to live true to your conscience.

• itsacult2
    itsacult2

Don't apologize.

itsacult2

• flipper
    flipper

SLIDIN FAST - Welcome to the board ! Nice to have you here. No need to apologize for coming out later. Most of us totally understand. Sounds like you've been through the mill of various heartwrenching experiences inside the Witnesses. I have been through these experiences as well. I empathize. Are there any other members of your JW family who are leaning in the same direction you are ? Or any non-Witness relatives you have as a support to you ? I know it can get lonely having to buck up and stay silent keeping it all in surrounded by JW clones.

If you ever need to talk, I'll PM you my phone number. I was a born-in JW for 44 years, exited 7 years ago at age 44. My family was well known and really involved in JW stuff. Hang in there. We can be a support to you if you'd like on this board. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Thanks to you all. I can't acknowledge everyone but I really apreciate what you are saying. Flipper, thanks for the invitation, it would be a long distance call, I am not in the USA, but thanks for the offer, maybe a chat via PM.

I have spoken to various members of my family about individual issues and they have always agreed with my standpoint. I talk to my wife a lot, she understands but thinks that the advantages of the "truth" outweigh the disadvantages. She thinks that I have become negative, always picking holes in things, that is of course true. I used to be a positive kind of guy and I think that is my true nature. I have to be careful to give credit where it is due.

• kimbo
    kimbo

welcome slidin fast

all hail the GB

• sizemik
    sizemik
    she understands but thinks that the advantages of the "truth" outweigh the disadvantages. She thinks that I have become negative, always picking holes in things, that is of course true.

Respectfully . . . it's a slanted viewpoint. You could also say the advantages outweigh the disadvantages in a 'normal' life. In my experience, active JW's see nothing positive in the "world" . . . always picking holes in it . . . when actually there is plenty that is positive. Actually, the advantages of normality most definitely outweigh the disadvantages (if there are any) IMHO.

• Thetis
    Thetis

I too haven't posted an intro - have been feeling so guilty about this. Same fear of being recognized by my story. Hope your journey continues in a way that benefits you....Thanks for posting yours.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit