Life after death

by truthseeker 136 Replies latest jw friends

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

There is a remarkble evidence from people that lived passed lives, or even people with NDE's that gave discriptions of what was going around when they left their body.

There is no "evidence". And there is no indication they "left" their body. Your "evidence" is equvalent to a common dream of falling being true. Or alien abductions, or people talking directly to Jesus, or the Lizard people being true.

Evidence doesn't mean what you think it does.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

If there is no evidence how come the people that clinicaly are confirmed dead, describe events around them, or even things that happened next door?

The same with reincarnation: We have people living in the other side of the Globe telling that they lived before and prove that by indicating exactly the places, names, that involved their past life.

Ok dude if you are OK with your self, believing there is no life after death, it is just fine with me. I'm not here to persuade anyone to accept what I believe. Each person has its own "understanding regarding the truth"...

END OF STORY

• darthfader
    darthfader

Forever is a long time to not have been alive before or alive again. Forever means that there were infinite Big Bangs and (as some cosmoligists beleive) Big Crunches... So given the nearly impossible odds of our own existence, forever means we will exist again. Statistically speaking of course :)

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

If a person is dead, no brain activity that is being registered, how can the brain be having any hallucinations?

Honest question.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

good point PSacramento!!!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I am really curious as to the answer.

I have never give the whole "life after death" thing much deep thought, much less NDE or DE for that matter.

The one book I read was by a Christian apologist so I can sassume there is a bit of bias on Dinesh's part, even if not on purpose.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I tend to believe, at least for now, that there is no life after death. One thing that compels me to view the matter this way is what happens when trauma occurs to the brain. Various trauma, depending on which part of the brain affected, can alter the function of the person to such a degree that, in some instances (such as Alzheimer's disease) it seems as if it's not even the same person.

If we had some kind of Soul or Spirit that lives on, then wouldn't that somehow act to compensate for the lack of brain function? If brain trauma causes memory loss, why doesn't the Soul kick in and restore that function? The fact is that unless that part of the brain heals and begins to function again, the memories will likely not be retrieved. Clearly, even seemingly ethereal things such as memory are the result of chemical function of a physical entity - the brain.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

For those who might be interested in considering some of the evidence I would suggest "Is there an afterlife" by David Fontana. I found "voices in the dark" by Leslie Flint most interesting, and "50 years a medium" by Estelle Roberts is available free on line and worth a look for those with an interest. I am not really interesting in debating on here but if anyone is interested in more info, send me a private message.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

If there is no evidence how come the people that clinicaly are confirmed dead, describe events around them, or even things that happened next door?

Clinically dead doesn't mean your brain has stopped. Can you tell me EXACTLY what you mean by clinically dead? If not, using the term is useless.

The same with reincarnation: We have people living in the other side of the Globe telling that they lived before and prove that by indicating exactly the places, names, that involved their past life.

If only there were some way to know about things on the other side of the globe, some mechanism like books, or newspapers or the internet or TV.

Each person has its own "understanding regarding the truth"...

Except some don't use truth or evidence to get to it.

• tec
    tec

All of our opinions are not going to change whether there is life after death or not.

I believe in life after death solely because of my faith in Christ. I don't have to know the details of it to trust that it is good.

I do think that the stories about this are extremely curious, and indicative of something beyond the physical world as we know it:

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit