Life after death

by truthseeker 136 Replies latest jw friends

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Has anyone thought of why he just didn't bring Job's children back?????

Because no one in the story is real?

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Or, to provide an option other than EP's above, because the god of the OT was a psychopath, itscrap. If the OT is to be believed, Yahweh did a lot worse than snuff out the lives of a few kids. I prefer to think along the lines of EP, however. I prefer to believe that Yahweh is a fictitious character and I will live only until I die rather than contemplate either living forever under his capricious grace or burning forever under his vengefulness.

The loss of my father was the greatest in my life, but I see him again every time I look in the mirror. We live on only through our children.

• Violia
    Violia

I hope there is an afterlife or reincarnation b/c my life has not been that great.

• godrulz
    godrulz

There is no reincarnation, just resurrection to life with God forever through faith in Christ or everlasting separation from Him through godless unbelief or rejection of the true Jesus.

Many do not have great lives, but God wants to be part of it to help us through. We need Him and were not created to go it alone. Jesus/YHWH gives abundant and eternal life. There is no hope apart from Him.

• cofty
    cofty

Your consciousness is nil during an operation under general anaesthetic - how can we expect it to survive the complete destruction of our brains?

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

You should consider TV evangelism, godrulz. Lots of money in it.

• Violia
    Violia

thank you godrulz, for whatever reason ,what you said helped .

where am I at- going in circles.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

There is no question that people find comfort in hope. Others find it in demonstrable truth. The two are not necessarily the same. The only sure happiness is happiness achieved in this life. If your happiness depends on you looking forward to happiness after you die, then it could be that all you have is hope and it might just be better for you not to expose yourself to evidence that has the potential to dash it. Your path through life is yours alone and no-one, me included, has a right either to push you off or to bind you immobile. It is up to you to find your way.

• godrulz
    godrulz

coft: the real you is spirit-soul, not just grey matter. The body without the spirit is dead, but the spirit without the body is very much alive. A brain is for a physical body, but is unnecessary for consciousness, thinking, acting, feeling. At death, the spirit/body separates until a future resurrection. The WT and secular view is wrong.

• Quentin
    Quentin

When was the last time you spoke with someone who lived another life? Gog does what God wills, faith excluded. I would like to think there is something beyond that, who can prove it? When your dead, your dead. Live the live you have, it may be the only one you ever get, or maybe not. Again, who knows, I don't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit