Life after death

by truthseeker 136 Replies latest jw friends

• Podobear
    Podobear

Bravo Judge: I await a reply from Godrulz.. since he/she claims to know the Christian perspective. Over to Godrulz

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

There is no life after death. That's why we call it "death" instead of "more life."

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

You can't prove evolution is true either

The evidence in support of evolution is overwhelming in its scope and volume. I suggest you read Richard Dawkins' latest book, "The Greatest Show on Earth", subtitled "The Evidence for Evolution." Somehow, however, I just know you won't, in preference to believing in magic and things for which there is no evidence.

How did God go about creating all the myriad and teeming life forms that have inhabited this planet of ours over hundreds of millions of years, anyway? Did He twitch his nose? Wave a magic wand and utter Alakazam three times? It sounds sarcastic but it's a serious question. Did God just will everything into existence? Magic. Still thinking, or not thinking at all?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    There's another one of those facts about which I posted earlier.

I know that God exists as well as I know that I do, have can I NOT use the word "fact"?

That said, I don't expect you to agree or take my word for it, LOL !

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

In regards to the HISTORICAL evidence for christ AND the ressurection, there are a few good books.

But no good evidence.

;)

And there is no evidence for life after death. It, of course, is not disproved, but there is an astounding lack of evidence.

• godrulz
    godrulz

We do not have to be omniscient to know spiritual truth/reality, but we do need definitive divine revelation. The Bible is the Word of God and gives us sufficient vs exhaustive insight into these things. Judaism was shadows/types, so we need the progressive revelation of the New Testament.

Podo: The gist of the Bible teaching is that we are created in the image of God with spirit-soul, body and everyone lives forever (God does not annihilate His creative work in relation to man, the pinnacle of creation). The two main final destinies are heaven in the presence of God (the hope for OT saints and Church Age saints), and the lake of fire, separation from the presence of God (vs medieval torture chamber). There will also be some who survive Tribulation/Armageddon who will be in natural bodies in the millennial kingdom (other saints are resurrected and have glorified bodies like Jesus).

In this age, the crux is faith in the person and work of Christ vs godless unbelief, false religion, etc. I Jn. 5:11-13 If you have the Son, you have eternal life now. If you do not, you will perish (Jn. 3:16 vs Jn. 3:36). Faith is only as good as the object it is placed in, so one must trust the biblical Jesus (who is Yahweh in the flesh), not a counterfeit Christ like Mormons, Muslims, JWs, etc. teach (does not even exist).

Anglicans can certainly go to heaven, but many are merely nominal, liberal, religious. The key is receiving vs rejecting Jesus, relationship, not ritual. We cannot judge the hearts of men, but God will do the right thing in the end according to light (Gen. 18:25). There is a heaven to gain and a hell to shun. We can have victory over death through the risen Christ (Rev. 1:17-18).

• designs
    designs

Any Atom you now possess preceeded you and will be around long after you so threat your Atoms with kindness..........

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    But no good evidence.

Historical evidence online with other historical figues and events.

If thatisn't good then, well...

And there is no evidence for life after death. It, of course, is not disproved, but there is an astounding lack of evidence.

To be honest, Dinesh's book is the first I have read about the subject so I really can't comment on the evidence or lack-there-of.

Have you read His book or the books of others?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Historical evidence online with other historical figues and events.

Such as?

And I have not read any of Dinesh's work or any others.

• still thinking
    still thinking

The evidence in support of evolution is overwhelming in its scope and volume

The evidence you refer to that supports evolution is put together with the preconceived idea that evolution is correct.

Here is a little something for you to mull over....

As for the origin of reproduction, John Maddox, the editor emeritus of Nature, writes. "The overriding question is when (and then how) sexual reproduction itself evolved.

Despite decades of speculation, we do not know." Finally, scientist Gerald Schroesder points out that the existence of conditions favorable to life still does not explain how life itself originated. Life was able top survive only because of favorable conditions on our planet. But there is no law of nature that instructs matter to produce end-directed, self-replicating entities.

So how do we account for the origin of life? The Nobel Prize-winning physiologist George Wald once famously argued that "we choose to believe the impossible: That life arose spontaneously by chance." In later years, he concluded that a preexisting mind, which he posits as the matrix of physical reality, composed a physical universe that breeds life.

So....ask yourself this question

How can a universe of mindless matter produce beings with intrinsic ends, self-replication capabilities, and "coded chemistry"?

The only satisfactory explanation for the origin of such "end-directed, self-replicating life as we see on earth is an infinitely intelligent Mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit