Life after death

by truthseeker 136 Replies latest jw friends

• Giordano
    Giordano

Well for those, in general, who have a pressing need to believe, your view of the hereafter is certainly yours......... for which I can not be too thankfull.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

"Life is an unprofitable disturbance in the calm of nonexistance"

"After your death you will be what you were before your birth." Arthur Schopenhauer

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    I can recall the title of only one of them, Paul. It was "The Case for Christ" by Strobel. It was given to me by a management collegue in the company for which I worked, who also happened to be a devout Christian. There was one other book but its title escapes me (it obviously left a modest impression). I was really searching at the time, seeking some kind of irrefutable evidence, wanting to believe. I was actually disappointed when I found none.

Lee Strobel's stuff is a good strating point to be honest, but I don't think it will convince a hard core skeptic, BUT manuy of the books he cites may.

You might want to watch that film, if only to satisfy yourself that it's bunk.

Well, that fact that I know God exists kind of makes the premise of the movie a bit weak, but hey, why the hell not?

LOL !

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Lee Strobel's stuff is a good strating point to be honest, but I don't think it will convince a hard core skeptic,

at the time I read it I was a seeker, not a skeptic, and not hard-core anything.

that fact that I know God exists

There's another one of those facts about which I posted earlier.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Nickolas The question that stood was not about fairies..The tale you tell is about the here and now concerning if you can see fairies and setting up cameras. We are not talking about the here and now. We cannot set up cameras.

The question was about the resurrection of Jesus.

Can you prove that this isn't a fact?

No you can't

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

True. And I can't prove there aren't fairies in my garden, either.

You win.

• still thinking
    still thinking

You can't prove evolution is true either or that we all came from a primordial soup......or that the universe doesn't have an intelligent designer....science would suggest that it does......so many things we can't prove...so little time!

Good luck on your fairy hunt by the way.....I've sent you some experienced helpers to get you started

• godrulz
    godrulz

Talesin: Humans are more than hairless apes since we are created in the image of God (Imago Dei). We have spirit-soul, body. The spirit is God conscious. Animals do have souls, but not to the same degree as humans. They also lack spirits, so they will not live forever like humans. We are the pinnacle of creation, not a product of from goo to you by way of the zoo.

• Podobear
    Podobear

I am delighted that you acknowledge that humans have the capacity to live forever... which branch of Christianity do you suggest I research next? It is rare for a "Christian" to admit anything other that a one way ticket to heaven.

Can you expand your understanding of Life After Death a bit more.

I have just been to the top of Mount Sinai, with a mixed group of believers and non believers. At the crack of dawn on April 25th, I kissed my hand and put it on the rock face and said of my Mother: "She is all yours now. Look after her".

Whatever her destiny, I have faith that I will see her again. She was Church of England, going on Atheist. Where does she stand?

All the best

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Who on this planet is all knowing?

Not one person.

Whatever there is, or is not, after death, is only known by the dead.

The rest is speculation.

Why do you insist on saying you know, WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW?

JDW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit