When did this forum go apostate?

by B_Deserter 24 Replies latest jw friends

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

@White Dove - you're probably using firefox. For some reason, the Best Of threads only work in Internet Explorer.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    WAIT .....WHAT.....THIS SITE IS APOSTATE ??????

Oh my. I am outta here.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Let's face it, if you step away from the organization and open yourself up to information outside the society, you will leave. So, basically, Simon did not have a chance in hell of staying in.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Let's face it, if you step away from the organization and open yourself up to information outside the society, you will leave.

This is a bit of an awakening, as has been most of my time spent here. I now fear that statement is really true for almost anyone. I originally would never thought it could have applied to ME.

I came here via Google when I was stumbled, disillusioned, disturbed, and seeking answers [outside of the WTS Index]. While my personal experiences had already opened my eyes to much, I am now like the proverbial "deer in the headlights".

I realize there are "kooks" here on both sides of the aisle [no names]. There are a good share who need to up their dose on their Prozac or Depakote. But the majority in the middle seem to have gotten here just as I did -- from having the same concerns, disillusionments, injustices, and unanswered questions. Many seem to be like the story of how a Republican becomes a Democrat (liberal). They start out hardshell conservatives while on the "inside" until THEY GET ARRESTED. All of a sudden you begin questioning all the things that were once aboslutes. I regret that I cannot share my story as I do not want to be "outted". Too much at risk. And, I suppose I am still somewhat Desirous of Change...........hoping that something like the statement above will force it to happen.

DOC

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Without reviewing the link I seem to recall that it was partly BECAUSE OF this site that Simon left the Borg. It was a perfectly good pro-JW board but then the idiots in Brooklyn decided to lean on "independent" JW websites.

I better go click the link to make sure my memory is accurate on this.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Hmm, yeah Moshe inspired me, check out this kigdom hall coversion:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3175/2728778677_d5aa332851.jpg

• freetosee
    freetosee

White Dove, I have the same problem.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Interesting, ballistic, that photo is from the South Street Seaport, directly across the river from Bethel HQ....

• ballistic
    ballistic

New use for kingdom halls:

http://www.fantasiescometrue.com/images/medium/fct_19219fae4892373.jpg

Prodigalsun, I didn't know that, it's justrandom... and that also means I have been there too.

• Honesty
    Honesty

When people started using their heads for something other than bobbing them up and down every time the faithful and discreet slave was mentioned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit