When did this forum go apostate?

by B_Deserter 24 Replies latest jw friends

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I was curious because I had heard Simon was a JW when he started this forum. I was looking through the old posts, but couldn't really pinpoint one that was a "turning point" so-to-speak. Simon must have left the J-Dubs at some point. Did he announce it or was it more gradual? I'm going to keep combing the posts. I must know! Lol.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Let's put it this way. Jehovah's Witness Discussion (JWD) was built by a thinking man.

Lady Lee has done a great job indexing our "Best Of..." threads. Simon's story is there, http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/best-of/76992/1/The-Best-of-Personal-Experiences

• White Dove
    White Dove

I noticed that as time went on (after reading a bunch of old stuff before my aposta-time), the people that joined up were more and more disolusioned with the religion.

Also, as poster posted more and read more, they began healing more.

I think it was gradual, one poster at a time.

Sharing differing viewpoints helped it along.

Kinda like a gradual fade.

I don't really like the word "apostate" as it's not really accurate to describe all the people on here as a group.

This is more like a sharing, healing, and moving on type board.

• unshackled
    unshackled

Good question BDeserter. I've wondered the same and briefly reviewed old topics. Thanks White Dove for that recap...I find it very interesting that it was a gradual thing. Thanks to Simon for creating this forum...and to the members who swung it the other way by seeing the light.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I think it was 2001 when the site went apostate. I first visited the site in 2000 and it still seemed to be proJW.

All the JW sites started off good and slowly went apostate.

Who remembers Witnesses.net?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Answer = when everyone realized that the WTS . was full of commercialized bullshit wrapped up in a righteous solemn package

to lure the public into their self-imposed slavery.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Why doesn't that link work?

I see a flash of Lady Lee and pop it goes all white.

• moshe
    moshe

If all JWs were totally honest for one month and said publicly what they think privately- the JWs would all be leaving in droves and then we could begin converting the KH's into community gathering places, where people can find refreshment and meet friends--

-

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

WAIT .....WHAT.....THIS SITE IS APOSTATE ??????

• the_raisin
    the_raisin

Whoa, I actually just found out this forum was once por-JW. Mind boggling!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit